Fife Football Forum

Players Wanted

Shiekh

Would just like to echo the words of the post above. I am not connected with the club but stay in the village so take in most games as a supporter.

Scotia are one of the best run teams in all the Fife Leagues with a dedicated small committee and some of (if not) the best facilities in the leagues also. Think it's very easy to judge a team by there league position but looking at the bigger picture going forward Scotia are looking to improve and challenge higher up the leagues.

As I said I don't play these days but still go along as a supporter and what I sometimes don't get is why a player would rather be a bit part player at one of the better teams than try better themselves and play week in week out. Guys will have varied opinions on this but if I was still playing I wouldn't be happy with getting on the last 10 mins most weeks when you're team are up 5/6-0. Seen a game where the opposition had 4 players not even stripped towards the start of the season. I know some guys like the dressing room banter or can't commit to training or games through work etc so just be happy to be involved. Suppose what I'm saying is don't sit and rot on the bench @ yer Levens, yer Pittenweems etc, get along to Balgonie and challenge yourself to play week in week out???

MonTheScotia