Fife Football Forum

Tom Mcintyre Cup Tables

would be good to know as we've had 3 teams pull out our group.

I have the one from our group. Yourselves and St. Monans now qualified and you just need a point from the last 3 games to win it if memory serves me correctly

Bayside can't field a team Saturday so our game off, Kirkland win group with game to spare so 1/4 vs st monans at home. Day watching cup finals it is then.

Apologises to Kirkland from bayside. Numerous reasons why we were unable to fulfil fixture tomorrow namely boys going away to a concert, injuries, manager on holiday.

Unfortunately these things happen tho. The fixture was to be played a couple of weeks ago however we agreed to postpone it due to Kirkland manager having a family emergency.

We will take the fine on the chin however and deal with it. Sure everyone agrees there are numerous learning points re this cup.

Personally I think it's a good format however could be tweaked a bit to be improved namely changing the name of it to a league at the first stages which will allow teams to play trialists and maybe playing in the middle of the season when teams have a full compliment of players.

Just my opinion tho. Congrats to Kirkland and Kelty in professing. Well done.

Edited by white wizard

Apologises to Kirkland from bayside. Numerous reasons why we were unable to fulfil fixture tomorrow namely boys going away to a concert, injuries, manager on holiday.

Unfortunately these things happen tho. The fixture was to be played a couple of weeks ago however we agreed to postpone it due to Kirkland manager having a family emergency.

We will take the fine on the chin however and deal with it. Sure everyone agrees there are numerous learning points re this cup.

Personally I think it's a good format however could be tweaked a bit to be improved namely changing the name of it to a league at the first stages which will allow teams to play trialists and maybe playing in the middle of the season when teams have a full compliment of players.

I think you're right, whether the cup stays is up to the new set up, I personally think the new set up can incorporate some consolation cups for each division ie bottom 4 play for a cup, has worked well in other set ups I've been involved in......just a suggestion and will also keep sponsors happy

I think you're right, whether the cup stays is up to the new set up, I personally think the new set up can incorporate some consolation cups for each division ie bottom 4 play for a cup, has worked well in other set ups I've been involved in......just a suggestion and will also keep sponsors happy

or teams kod in the early rounds of the cups ..... consolation cup

or teams kod in the early rounds of the cups ..... consolation cup

Without putting a strain on fixtures etc then it could be possible

It happens mate, we were in a similar position for game as well with boys doing marathon for charity, at cup finals, on holiday and just injured with old age 🙈 I think it's done both teams a favour in end.

Regards the manager I don't want to go into too much detail on forum, but was a tragic set of circumstances for him and all the boys at Kirkland have been very supportive in helping him through it.

Best of luck in remaining games and for next season.