Fife Football Forum

Platini Elected Uefa President

gogsy

If you mean like the SPL? No it doesn't actually.

Celtic and Rangers earn on the basis of how often shown on TV and final league position, exactly the same as all the other SPL teams.

If there was a similar set up, out of a £10m budget, Celtic and Rangers would get about 50% of the cash before a ball was kicked on the basis of them being the best supported teams. The rest of the SPL would get about £500k between them, then the cash would be fairly split on appearances on TV, etc. That wouldn't be fair so doesn't happen!

Making any sense now?

thats what i like to see ya cant putting the celtic name first,think your turning :rolleyes::mellow:

Guest Lord Haw Haw
Not really. You want Celtic and Rangers who are the biggest clubs in Scotland to get the lions share. Yet you want the biggest clubs in Europe to split equally with the so called minows

That's what I thought too.

Not really. You want Celtic and Rangers who are the biggest clubs in Scotland to get the lions share. Yet you want the biggest clubs in Europe to split equally with the so called minows, I'm sure they'll readily agree to that. By the way as a matter of interest how many French clubs qualify for the Champions league????

it could only be good for scottish football if england lose a champs league spot and scotland gain one,yer no liking it cause platini is rubbing you english cants up the wrong way

Simply put, regardless of nation, the CHAMPIONS of each country should be in the group stages, regardless of their countrys standing or past records, the qualifying should be left to those who did not lift their domestic championship, i.e Rosenberg, Steau Bucharest, Gothenburg should be in no questions asked, not Arsenal, liverpool, madrid, ac milan and valencia who are not reigning champions!