Fife Football Forum

Assistant Manager

ya cant

looks like big butcher has accepted the job , :banghead::banghead: great player butcher ,but for me the passion has just been ripped out of the scotland support ,no way an englishman should be number 2 at scotland ,just my opinion ,it will be too easy for the support to turn on him after one bad result,

I think it's a good apppointment Pete as he knows the Scottish game and players inside out but I know exactly what you're saying and I'm as passionate a Scotsman as anyone but I actually like Big Tel

I agree with you about the support being able to turn on him as I thought at the time that some of the flak Berti Vogts got initially was unjustified after the years of torture we spent watching Craig Browns teams

Its just a matter of time before we all have the same national anthem!!!!!!! God Save OUR Queen

:whistling::rollsmile::rollsmile::headbang::headbang::rollsmile:

Not a chance son.

Don't see how having Butcher as a No.2 is a bad thing. John Gorman was Englands no.2 with Glenn Hoddle. We've been playing Englishman with Scottish Grannies so where's the difference.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butcher will hopefuly be able to aid the development of our defence aswell as being a good motivator. Hutton and McManus will be regulars but Weir and Naismith?? how long do they have??

I hope Butcher oversees the development of a Balanced and Youthful back 4 which will give us a foundation to go and break the qualifacation hoodoo.

We saw a cracking effort in the last campaign, so if the new management can maintain that spirit and the players can believe in the tactics, we will be watching quite an exciting team.

Bottom line is, Scotland rely on defensive qualities, Butcher brings experience to that department, I'm letting my head rule my heart on this subject

• 1 month later...
Guest gazzah
[quote name='gazzah' post='90995' date='Jan 27 2008, 18:22'][quote name='green street' post='90801' date='Jan 26 2008, 14:05'][quote name='ya cant' post='90598' date='Jan 25 2008, 18:28']as the majority of the scotland support are rangers fans ,and since he played wae rangers and managed motherwell ,he might get the backing of the scotland support ,am not sure would rather hav a scotsman than an englishman[/quote]

Biggest loads of pish in a long time..... Pete you not go to the scotland games anymore, think ul find its evenly split nowadays and on top of that Aberdeen and the surrounding area have a massive support which comes to glasgow to watch Scotland anyways stop making this a Celtic Rangers thing!!!! :rollsmile:
[/quote]
not load of pish at all lasdt game sensus was most of ta are rangers fans ! if i can dig it up on net i will . it shows percentage of each team
[/quote]

found it

Guest gazzah
Aberdeen [ 149 ] [15.47%]
Airdrie United [ 10 ] [1.04%]
Albion Rovers [ 2 ] [0.21%]
Alloa Athletic [ 7 ] [0.73%]
Arbroath [ 3 ] [0.31%]
Ayr United [ 13 ] [1.35%]
Berwick Rangers [ 2 ] [0.21%]
Brechin City [ 1 ] [0.10%]
Celtic [ 89 ] [9.24%]
Clyde [ 9 ] [0.93%]
Cowdenbeath [ 7 ] [0.73%]
Dumbarton [ 9 ] [0.93%]
Dundee [ 14 ] [1.45%]
Dundee United [ 31 ] [3.22%]
Dunfermline Athletic [ 28 ] [2.91%]
East Fife [ 7 ] [0.73%]
East Stirling [ 1 ] [0.10%]
Elgin City [ 3 ] [0.31%]
Falkirk [ 16 ] [1.66%]
Forfar [ 2 ] [0.21%]
Greenock Morton [ 17 ] [1.77%]
Gretna [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Hamilton Academical [ 8 ] [0.83%]
Heart of Midlothian [ 45 ] [4.67%]
Hibernian [ 36 ] [3.74%]
Inverness Caledonian Thistle [ 15 ] [1.56%]
Kilmarnock [ 44 ] [4.57%]
Livingston [ 3 ] [0.31%]
Montrose [ 1 ] [0.10%]
Motherwell [ 35 ] [3.63%]
Partick Thistle [ 29 ] [3.01%]
Peterhead [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Queen of the South [ 10 ] [1.04%]
Queen's Park [ 12 ] [1.25%]
Raith Rovers [ 19 ] [1.97%]
Rangers [ 161 ] [16.72%]
Ross County [ 11 ] [1.14%]
Saint Johnstone [ 24 ] [2.49%]
Saint Mirren [ 8 ] [0.83%]
Stenhousemuir [ 1 ] [0.10%]
Stirling Albion [ 7 ] [0.73%]
Stranraer [ 2 ] [0.21%]
Other non league Scottish team [ 14 ] [1.45%]
English football team [ 29 ] [3.01%]
Overseas football team [ 5 ] [0.52%]
No club team at all [ 24 ] [2.49%]
[IP address logged]

as the majority of the scotland support are rangers fans ,and since he played wae rangers and managed motherwell ,he might get the backing of the scotland support ,am not sure would rather hav a scotsman than an englishman

Biggest loads of pish in a long time..... Pete you not go to the scotland games anymore, think ul find its evenly split nowadays and on top of that Aberdeen and the surrounding area have a massive support which comes to glasgow to watch Scotland anyways stop making this a Celtic Rangers thing!!!! :heartbeat:

not load of pish at all lasdt game sensus was most of ta are rangers fans ! if i can dig it up on net i will . it shows percentage of each team

found it

Another topic changed to a we're better than you contest by you Gazzah son. It's getting boring

I think if you did it on 52,000 of folk that went to the games that Aberdeen % would be the highest and that there would be a higher percentage of non supporting.

Personally I don't go but a lot of adeen fans get a hard on about supporting there national team first and club second....not for me like.

I think if you did it on 52,000 of folk that went to the games that Aberdeen % would be the highest and that there would be a higher percentage of non supporting.

Personally I don't go but a lot of adeen fans get a hard on about supporting there national team first and club second....not for me like.

Never mind yer stats about the big man. John Gormans article in the Sunday Mail was more to the point

:whistling:

Aberdeen has a massive support at Scotland matches.........