Fife Football Forum

Crowds

rhino

killies park half full today against celtic, aberdeen dundee utd 10 thousand, hearts only 12 thousand at game, attendances are defo decreasing.

dumbarton had an offer on yesterday and got 800, doesnt sound much but its a one stand stadium and close to game so atmosphere yesterday would have been decent.

maybe time SPL teams downgraded their stadia to maybe 5-6000 seaters, only then will it seem that there is a decent atmosphere at games

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

killies park half full today against celtic, aberdeen dundee utd 10 thousand, hearts only 12 thousand at game, attendances are defo decreasing.

dumbarton had an offer on yesterday and got 800, doesnt sound much but its a one stand stadium and close to game so atmosphere yesterday would have been decent.

maybe time SPL teams downgraded their stadia to maybe 5-6000 seaters, only then will it seem that there is a decent atmosphere at games

players are getting greedy so clubs have no option but to put the prices up.you need about 30 - 40 quid now to watch a game with travel and food :wacko:

The average working man now has loads of options on a Sat afternoon.......when I was a boy many moons ago my auld man finished work on a Sat about 12 midday [5-1/2 day working week then] & if he wasn't playing football we would go & watch a game, there were not the activities then as there is now........Golf 50 years ago was too expensive for most working class guys, not so now.........Loads of guys drift away from watching pro fitba & watch Junior or Amateur games instead.......Re the Hearts crowd on Sat, people are voting with their feet regarding Romanov & the way he "runs" the club, it will get worse before it gets better.

The average working man now has loads of options on a Sat afternoon.......when I was a boy many moons ago my auld man finished work on a Sat about 12 midday [5-1/2 day working week then] & if he wasn't playing football we would go & watch a game, there were not the activities then as there is now........Golf 50 years ago was too expensive for most working class guys, not so now.........Loads of guys drift away from watching pro fitba & watch Junior or Amateur games instead.......Re the Hearts crowd on Sat, people are voting with their feet regarding Romanov & the way he "runs" the club, it will get worse before it gets better.

AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SAID HERE,,I PICK MY GAMES NOW AND WATCH AMMIES ON A SATURDAY.

IF THE WIFE LETS ME :headbang::rollsmile:

I was at the Pars v St Mirren game last night, only 2100 there probably 6 to 700 Buddies. Seems a sad lack of interest in Dunfermline, hardly any kids there £15 for adults £5 for kids price probably still too high.

I was at the Pars v St Mirren game last night, only 2100 there probably 6 to 700 Buddies. Seems a sad lack of interest in Dunfermline, hardly any kids there £15 for adults £5 for kids price probably still too high.

I dont think its the lack of interest in Dunfermline inparticular i think credit crunch and high inflation has hit everyone high gas bill and mortages etc one of the many reason.

I thought Pars played very well yesterday Solid defence and we always looked dangerous going forward and bayne goal was peach of a header and Wiles good finish and wiles i think will be key player this year pacey and very direct alot better than Harper and Muirhead and as for St Mirren i thought they were awful and if they play like that they will get relgated never the less good win for the pars.

TO MANY GAMES AT SENIOR LEVEL, PLUS TO COSTLY AFTER BUYING SEASON TICKET WHICH DOES NOT COVER CERTAIN GAMES. LAST NIGHT AT PARKHEAD 23,569, AND THEY ARE THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD :rollsmile::rollsmile::yikes: ALSO OLD TRAFFORD OVER 20,000 DOWN ON NORMAL :P:headbang::heartbeat:

Aye and if the Pars get to the final they'll be wanting half there ticket allocation again. It's buggar all to do with credit crunch or any cr@p like that. Scottish football is in general a rip off market and supporters are getting sick of it.

Look at Bayern Munich game at the weekend 15 euros to get into the game for adults.

Edited by mgm

TO MANY GAMES AT SENIOR LEVEL, PLUS TO COSTLY AFTER BUYING SEASON TICKET WHICH DOES NOT COVER CERTAIN GAMES. LAST NIGHT AT PARKHEAD 23,569, AND THEY ARE THE GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD :rollsmile::rollsmile::yikes: ALSO OLD TRAFFORD OVER 20,000 DOWN ON NORMAL :P:headbang::heartbeat:

Danny Man Utd season ticket holders can opt out of the Carling Cup games hense why the attendence was down. Unlike the FA Cup and Champions League games where irrespective of who they are playing season ticket holders must take tickets for the games even if they don't want to attend the game.

Aye and if the Pars get to the final they'll be wanting half there ticket allocation again. It's buggar all to do with credit crunch or any cr@p like that. Scottish football is in general a rip off market and supporters are getting sick of it.

Look at Bayern Munich game at the weekend 15 euros to get into the game for adults.

People cant afford it and scottish football games are rip off what you pay you dont get value for money .If the pars get half the ticket allocation for final they are intitled to then why not they they sell what they can 17,000 or 13,000 then whats left goes back to celtic to sell to their fans i believe thats whats happened in the past.15 euros about 8 pound to get in and watch bayern thats worth it but not if you where a bayern fan last weekend getting beat 4-0 by werder bremen though.

Edited by MVTGARY

im sure someone put season ticket prices off the big clubs in europe up before, was it no only about £180 for barca? feck me its £150 for cowden.

we need an overhaul in our game, we need a re-structure.

clubs are all in financial hardship, but someone is profiting, and it aint the fans.

People cant afford it and scottish football games are rip off what you pay you dont get value for money .If the pars get half the ticket allocation for final they are intitled to then why not they they sell what they can 17,000 or 13,000 then whats left goes back to celtic to sell to their fans i believe thats whats happened in the past.15 euros about 8 pound to get in and watch bayern thats worth it but not if you where a bayern fan last weekend getting beat 4-0 by werder bremen though.

Don't mean to nit-pick mate but 15 euro is nearer £13. Still a lot cheaper then we pay here though! :rollsmile:

Don't mean to nit-pick mate but 15 euro is nearer £13. Still a lot cheaper then we pay here though! :worried:

Depends what exchange rate you use mate :rollsmile::beer2:

15 euros about 8 pound to get in and watch bayern

Don't mean to nit-pick mate but 15 euro is nearer £13.

Depends what exchange rate you use mate :rollsmile::beer2:

Euro exchange rate is between 79-80p, at higher rate 15 Euros equates to £12......What I want to know is where can I buy 15 Euros for £8 as I want to buy a heap.