Fife Football Forum

Booing Anthems

ya cant

French Prime Minister Francois Fillon said the booing was "insulting" and that in the event of a repeat it would be necessary "to call off matches".

"It's insulting for France, it's insulting for the players of the French team, it should not be tolerated," he added.

heres a nation willing to call there games off if there anthem gets booed ,and your saying its alright ,keep booing son ,it will come back and bite yer erse one day

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berti am with you. Fack England and GSTQ. You wanna call us racists Pete go for it. But I bet you there millions of people just like me and Bert who share the same opinion. We'll continue to boo it wherever we go.

right lets get something straight here ,when rangers fans tell celtic fans to go home its racist,but when scotland fans boo god save the queen its alright ,i think scotland fans are the next target here ,so be prepared ,its racist simple as that ,it seems we have a few racists on this forum who are maybe needing a warning for there future conduct,

Hit the report button then. If it was racist why were the SFA not fined by UEFA for booing it against Northern Ireland?

never have hit a report button ,theres mods on here to do that job ,in fact i think one of the mods (bertdunf) is agreeing wae ye ,

Berti am with you. Fack England and GSTQ. You wanna call us racists Pete go for it. But I bet you there millions of people just like me and Bert who share the same opinion. We'll continue to boo it wherever we go.

right lets get something straight here ,when rangers fans tell celtic fans to go home its racist,but when scotland fans boo god save the queen its alright ,i think scotland fans are the next target here ,so be prepared ,its racist simple as that ,it seems we have a few racists on this forum who are maybe needing a warning for there future conduct,

Hit the report button then. If it was racist why were the SFA not fined by UEFA for booing it against Northern Ireland?

never have hit a report button ,theres mods on here to do that job ,in fact i think one of the mods (bertdunf) is agreeing wae ye ,

you never answered ma question. If booing GSTQ is racist why did UEFA not do anything about it?

French Prime Minister Francois Fillon said the booing was "insulting" and that in the event of a repeat it would be necessary "to call off matches".

"It's insulting for France, it's insulting for the players of the French team, it should not be tolerated," he added.

heres a nation willing to call there games off if there anthem gets booed ,and your saying its alright ,keep booing son ,it will come back and bite yer erse one day

Where does it say it's racist :rollsmile:

you never answered ma question. If booing GSTQ is racist why did UEFA not do anything about it?

if you read the papers ,the irish fa were disgusted but left it to the sfa to sort out the problem with scotland booing national anthems ,if the irish fa had reported it believe you me something would have to be done about it ,keep booing

its in the content son ,just like when rangers fans sing the famines over ,why dont you go home ,not one racist word in the sentence but its how its people perceive it,

if you read the papers ,the irish fa were disgusted but left it to the sfa to sort out the problem with scotland booing national anthems ,if the irish fa had reported it believe you me something would have to be done about it ,keep booing

Pish. UEFA don't need to wait for the Irish FA to report them. If UEFA wanted to act on it they would have. Countries can be disgusted all they want. I've stated already I will only boo GSTQ. It is not my national anthem as much as you love to say it is. I have never sung it in my lifetime and never will. The sooner Scotland gets Independence the better :rollsmile:

its in the content son ,just like when rangers fans sing the famines over ,why dont you go home ,not one racist word in the sentence but its how its people perceive it,

He says it is insulting to France and it's players. I can call you a ginger wee b@wbag and you can be insulted by it. Does that mean you perceive that as racist.

Scotland will not face any sanctions from Uefa after Northern Ireland's national anthem was booed and jeered by the Tartan Army before Wednesday night's goalless friendly at Hampden.

The home fans ignored earlier pleas from the Scottish Football Association to treat "God Save the Queen" with respect. The European governing body's spokesman William Gaillard said that while the game was outside their jurisdiction, there was nothing in their rules which could be used to punish disrespect of that nature. He said: "Friendly matches are in the domain of Fifa [the world governing body], it is not Uefa's responsibility. Unfortunately this is not a new thing but there are no sanctions we can impose."

After the game, attended by 7,000 Northern Ireland fans in a crowd of more than 28,000, the SFA issued a statement claiming it was "disappointed" in the actions of a section of the Scotland support.

its the same sfa who are saying the same things to rangers fans ,keep booing and will see were it takes you ,this was scotlands warning ,no warning the next time

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Lett...Save.4467299.jp

heres what the scotsman think of the booing ,get rid of flower of scotland as our national anthem they say,

it will have offended many proud Scots to hear God Save the Queen drowned out by jeers as it is, after all, our national anthem. Many Scots also continue to hold our Queen in the highest regard.

Sadly, this disrespectful behaviour appears to be the logical and entirely predictable outcome of allowing Flower of Scotland to become the unofficial national anthem of not only the Scottish football team, but Scotland generally. To many Scots, The Corries' song is not only offensive, but encourages the worst type of anti-English and sectarian sentiments. Yes, certain out-of-use verses of God Save the Queen give a similar anti-Scottish flavour, but these have long been consigned to history as peculiarities of their political era.

Edited by ya cant

yes i do consider myself a rebel scot,so you can ram gstq right up yer noble @rse ,that is racist towards the english bert

pish

am afraid it is bert ,in fact am astounded yer even allowed to post something like this on here ,absolutely shocking

i dont like flower of scotland,doesnt mean i`m racist against the scots does it?

booing it does ,ok have i got through to yer braincell yet

booing a national anthem makes you a racist? nah sorry , i dont like any national anthems

Thats not a question!

yes it is ya knob

No its not ya tit! its a statement! i.e. you are telling me that booing is racist not asking me!!!!!

in the context of the statement actually putting a question mark at the end of it makes it an actual question

stick to the morris dancing

bert,as a moderator you should be showing more respect on here to other nationalities ,youre a disgrace imo

ive never mentioned any other nationalities

booing all national anthems was your quote ,as you HATE them

Edited by ya cant