Fife Football Forum

Bud Johnston

a wee extract from his book

Johnston would eventually head back home, returning first to Rangers, then moving to Hearts. But the final years of his career were dogged by controversy. His most shameful act came during his stint at Ibrox, when he stamped on John McMaster's head; the Aberdeen player needed the kiss of life as a result. "I'm not proud of that," he says today. "It's no excuse but I thought he was Willie Miller. Miller was a great player but he was a hard man and deserved some of his own treatment back. Unfortunately I got the wrong player."

• 3 weeks later...

wee bud was brilliant with me had just been released by frank conner at rovers and felt like shit,went and played for port brae who had a great team on a sat and wee bud done the training and wiz fekin quality.great company aswell even tho he is a massive blue nose...west brom fans still go on about him as one of best players they ahd and take into acoount laurie cunningham and cyril regies played there....