Fife Football Forum

Pars.......

I think Brucie boy raised a good point, I am not sure if that was your attempt to answer or just randomly come out with a story? Either way for me anyway it doesn't answer what Bruce pointed out?

Personally i'm not from fife so i'm not going to change teams now I live there but I can recognise that a strong dunfermline must be good for the lcoal area, i/e the cup finals loads of folk not pars minded went to support the pars etc.

End of day your story about the auld cants was irrelevant for me as the pars are pish and terrible, they did go down and that they couldn't handle a 15 year old boy (regardless of who he turned out to be??) surely did sum up their situation at that time - still don't see how it answers the point Brucie actually made though.

Their situation at that time wasn't at all bad. In fact, that friendly against Everton was played at the start of the 2002/03 season and the final league placings had Dunfermline in 5th place and Aberdeen in 8th.

Dunfermline are no different to any other club in that there are always a proportion of the supporters who will moan regardless of what situation the club finds itself in. Look at a team like Celtic, they've done well in recent seasons yet they've still got supporters who won't accept the manager. Even some Aberdeen fans are too quick to shout for Calderwood's head despite him doing a relatively good job up there since leaving East End Park.

Regarding the Pars finishing 5th imo the Pars over acheived for the squad they had back then, fair play to them, whilst Aberdeen until Calderwood probably have underacheived.

To be honest after the Dundee Utd / QOS / cup debacles and a few other league games in between last year I attended which would have football stopped I personally haven't been to many Adeen games at all, when I do go its a good buzz to be back at the games and I tend not to overally judge the side.....that said JC Aberdeen are not the best team to watch in terms of football/excitement but can understand why some Aberdeen fans who go every week are pretty fed up of what they are watching.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope you stay in the first so we the rovers can come to beast end park and smash you at least once this season would be better at starks park but hey im not fussy where we beat you as long as we beat you

raith rovers biggest stadium outside the spl lol :banghead:

hope you stay in the first so we the rovers can come to beast end park and smash you at least once this season would be better at starks park but hey im not fussy where we beat you as long as we beat you

raith rovers biggest stadium outside the spl lol :banghead:

How much more than Hampden can Starks Park hold? I'm would have thought Queens Park could lay claim to that particular accolade.

wat 900 of a ball hair hampden is the NATIONAL stadium and not queens parks i think they lease it or somthing like that

LOL but it isn't the biggest outwith the spl as valdas has posted?

I Hope Rovers go up Mikey i dont mind them at all and would like to play them if we dont go up this year at Biggest Ground outwith the SPL LOL .

I cant believe Cappielow holds that amount .

Edited by MVTGARY

[quote name='mike_24' post='180142' date='Feb 10 2009, 21:52']wat 900 of a ball hair hampden is the NATIONAL stadium and not queens parks i think they lease it or somthing like that[/quote]QUEENS PARK OWN IT AND SFA LEASE IT PLUS STARKS PARK ONLY HOLDS 1500 AS THATS ALL THEVE GOT PLUS PASSING TRADE WI THOMAS THE TANK GOING PAST THE DUMP

wat 900 of a ball hair hampden is the NATIONAL stadium and not queens parks i think they lease it or somthing like that
QUEENS PARK OWN IT AND SFA LEASE IT PLUS STARKS PARK ONLY HOLDS 1500 AS THATS ALL THEVE GOT PLUS PASSING TRADE WI THOMAS THE TANK GOING PAST THE DUMP

What about the passing trade at the back of EEP :cheers:

[quote name='mgm' post='180175' date='Feb 11 2009, 11:37'][quote name='westy' post='180167' date='Feb 11 2009, 10:47'][quote name='mike_24' post='180142' date='Feb 10 2009, 21:52']wat 900 of a ball hair hampden is the NATIONAL stadium and not queens parks i think they lease it or somthing like that[/quote]QUEENS PARK OWN IT AND SFA LEASE IT PLUS STARKS PARK ONLY HOLDS 1500 AS THATS ALL THEVE GOT PLUS PASSING TRADE WI THOMAS THE TANK GOING PAST THE DUMP
[/quote]

What about the passing trade at the back of EEP :cheers:
[/quote]ABOUT THE SAME TRADE AS BACK OF PARKHEAD :cheers:

passing trade of halfwits lol

i hope we come up aswell as i have hospatality suite booked for next season if the pars come to starks park

I think Brucie boy raised a good point, I am not sure if that was your attempt to answer or just randomly come out with a story? Either way for me anyway it doesn't answer what Bruce pointed out?

Personally i'm not from fife so i'm not going to change teams now I live there but I can recognise that a strong dunfermline must be good for the lcoal area, i/e the cup finals loads of folk not pars minded went to support the pars etc.

End of day your story about the auld cants was irrelevant for me as the pars are pish and terrible, they did go down and that they couldn't handle a 15 year old boy (regardless of who he turned out to be??) surely did sum up their situation at that time - still don't see how it answers the point Brucie actually made though.

Their situation at that time wasn't at all bad. In fact, that friendly against Everton was played at the start of the 2002/03 season and the final league placings had Dunfermline in 5th place and Aberdeen in 8th.

Dunfermline are no different to any other club in that there are always a proportion of the supporters who will moan regardless of what situation the club finds itself in. Look at a team like Celtic, they've done well in recent seasons yet they've still got supporters who won't accept the manager. Even some Aberdeen fans are too quick to shout for Calderwood's head despite him doing a relatively good job up there since leaving East End Park.

Regarding the Pars finishing 5th imo the Pars over acheived for the squad they had back then, fair play to them, whilst Aberdeen until Calderwood probably have underacheived.

To be honest after the Dundee Utd / QOS / cup debacles and a few other league games in between last year I attended which would have football stopped I personally haven't been to many Adeen games at all, when I do go its a good buzz to be back at the games and I tend not to overally judge the side.....that said JC Aberdeen are not the best team to watch in terms of football/excitement but can understand why some Aberdeen fans who go every week are pretty fed up of what they are watching.

have to disagree with the comment about Dunfermline finishing 5th and over acheived they had a good squad of players back then here's a few for you. Most if not all played the season before aswell and am sure they finished 6th or 5th again.

Stevie Crawford

Craig Brewster

Barry Nicholson

Noel Hunt

Scott Wilson

Scott Thomson(was in the premier league team of the season that year)

Andrius Skerla

Gary Mason

Lee Bullen

have to disagree with the comment about Dunfermline finishing 5th and over acheived they had a good squad of players back then here's a few for you. Most if not all played the season before aswell and am sure they finished 6th or 5th again.

Stevie Crawford

Craig Brewster

Barry Nicholson

Noel Hunt

Scott Wilson

Scott Thomson(was in the premier league team of the season that year) AYE FIR TABLE-TENNIS :whistling::whistling:

Andrius Skerla

Gary Mason

Lee Bullen