Fife Football Forum

Linlithgow Rose

Caldoc

I see on P & B there's a post regarding Linlithgow Rose and that they have allegedly asked there players to accept no wages for the month of December....

That might be a bit tricky as i know for a fact that there are some on 3 figures per week, added up over the month that's a lot of dosh not to get.

If clubs haven't any income then the players can't really say give us the money now. It's not as if Linlithgow are saying they won't get it, just that they aren't in a position to give out the wages at this time. They only need to get the Auchinleck game played and everything will be sorted.

(Obviously the above is based on if the post on Pie & Bovril is accurate, which it may not be.)

Edited by gogsy

If clubs haven't any income then the players can't really say give us the money now. It's not as if Linlithgow are saying they won't get it, just that they aren't in a position to give out the wages at this time. They only need to get the Auchinleck game played and everything will be sorted.

(Obviously the above is based on if the post on Pie & Bovril is accurate, which it may not be.)

Agree with you mate, however due to the amounts of money that could be due to a lot of players, it's a bit of a kick in the meat & 2 veg especially at xmas, every penny a prisoner !!!!

Has been a difficult few weeks for every club up and down the land but just goes to show that even the biggest clubs have little or no cash kicking about. Would getting 1 game played really put everything on a level footing, even if it is a big cup match against talbot?? I mean pardon my ignorance but what sort of crowds do the rose play 2 and what sort of income they expect to generate by fulfilling this fixture???

Rough maths but say 500 fans thru turnstiles @ 6 bucks a pop, 3k but if guys are on 100's a week surely unsustainable???

Thats why their should be a winter break, it would save clubs an players an get paid cos more games get played, i no some teams have structure,

that you get paid fot turning up to train then a sat, most teams haven't played fae the 2nd week in nov, so could imagine that most junior

teams will be asking players to wait till they get some game played at home

Has been a difficult few weeks for every club up and down the land but just goes to show that even the biggest clubs have little or no cash kicking about. Would getting 1 game played really put everything on a level footing, even if it is a big cup match against talbot?? I mean pardon my ignorance but what sort of crowds do the rose play 2 and what sort of income they expect to generate by fulfilling this fixture???

Rough maths but say 500 fans thru turnstiles @ 6 bucks a pop, 3k but if guys are on 100's a week surely unsustainable???

Having played for Lithgae & still keep an eye out for them, i can assure you there shall be a lot more than 500 at the game. I would honestly expect anything from a 1000 upwards. Mind the Talbot have a good travelling away support aswell. It will be a cracking game to go to.... when it gets played in ????????

• 5 months later...
Whats happening at the rose are they trying to hand bo'ness or hill of beath the title on a plate..I have a £20 double on Oakley Utd and Linlithgow to win there respective leagues and Oakley have done that with games to spare..It seems like linlithgow are taking there foot of the gas towards the end of there season.....Come on the rose and make my double come up....

Speaking ti the lithgy chairman on plane home fae Cyprus on Sunday n wiz saying that they've received a big offer for coyne n that he'll b away . Also says they"ll b a few players in .

• 2 years later...