Fife Football Forum

Hearts Crag Thomson

Bluenos3

HEARTS star Craig Thomson was put on the sex offenders' register yesterday for preying on two girls aged 12 and 14 over the internet.

The 20-year-old right-back, who also plays for Scotland under-21s, will remain on the register for five years. He was also fined s4000.

Prosecutors told how Thomson swapped email addresses with the girls after asking them to be his friends on Facebook.

The first girl was only 13 when Thomson approached her online.

She had her age and birth date on her Facebook profile but Thomson still engaged her in sexual chat and asked about her body parts.

Thomson He was in contact with the girl between May and August 2010.

After she turned 14, he made her uncomfortable by telling her he wanted to have sex with her.

Thomson then sent the girl a picture of naked male private parts.

The second girl was only 12 at the time of the offence and had known Thomson since she was small.

She accepted his Facebook friend request in January 2010.

Claire Bottomley, prosecuting, told Edinburgh Sheriff Court: "Initially, their conversations were of a general nature."

But she said Thomson then repeatedly discussed showing his private parts to the girl.

She added: "He discussed sexual acts, made inappropriate comments about her body and asked her to expose herself online."

The prosecutor said that on June 18 last year, during a chat on a webcam, Thomson asked the girl to expose her breasts and mentioned a sexual act.

The girl told her mother and police were called.

Thomson, of Bonnyrigg, Midlothian, was arrested in September last year.

He admitted lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour and has agreed to pay his fine at the rate of s300 a month.

His not guilty plea to a similar sex charge involving a third girl was accepted.

Thomson said in January that he was concentrating on his football as he prepared to face court.

He said: "Football is my life and I will focus on that before anything. This has been a learning curve.

"The management and all the staff at Tynecastle have been different class with me. That has helped enormously."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish...86908-23207046/

*Title should read Craig Thomson obviously

Edited by Bluenos3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a sad fact that if Hearts think this boy is a player they'll stand by him. :rolleyes::banghead: If he was a reserve with little prospect of making the first team, he'd be out on his arse pronto.

I remember youth players at lower league clubs getting sacked for comments on facebook regarding Neil Lennon.

hearts should be ashamed of themselves ............... scotland fans bombed ferguson and mcgregor out of scotland team cause they had a swallie one night ,makes you wonder what society is all about in scotland....................am sure the boy will get a roasting in his first away game................

al be astounded if hearts fans dont turn on the club for standing by a beast............

Edited by ya cant

Its a sad fact that if Hearts think this boy is a player they'll stand by him. :rolleyes::banghead: If he was a reserve with little prospect of making the first team, he'd be out on his arse pronto.

hearts should be ashamed of themselves ...............

al be astounded if hearts fans dont turn on the club for standing by a beast............

Fecking shocking that Hearts haven't dispensed with his services.......he will offend again.......no place for him or his like in society never mind the game.

Quote ; "Football is my life and I will focus on that before anything. This has been a learning curve".

:banghead::rolleyes:

Learning curve???? The learning curve should simply be having the knowledge not to groom under-age girls.........sicko :banghead:

not condoning the guy by any means but do u not have too be over 18 to have a facebook account, pretty sure you do so there is no way the girls age will be on her profile, not her real age anyway

not condoning the guy by any means but do u not have too be over 18 to have a facebook account, pretty sure you do so there is no way the girls age will be on her profile, not her real age anyway

cmon jayjay ffs ,hes been talking to them for over a year ,the beast knew what age they were :headbang::rollsmile:

cmon jayjay ffs ,hes been talking to them for over a year ,the beast knew what age they were :headbang::rollsmile:

pete if he knew there age then quite rightly i would hang the cant, i was merely asking a question about facebook

pete if he knew there age then quite rightly i would hang the cant, i was merely asking a question about facebook

jayjay,i'd do time with a smile on my face if some ratbag pervert was grooming my daughter, yet the club stands by their man.

Praise terrorists, try to pick up little kids online, mock the victims of a horrific accident at a football match, threaten to kill and injure footballers and refs..... all fine and acceptable it seems, but to sing offensive songs you'll get 5 years, makes perfect sense eh :rollsmile::rollsmile::headbang:

no dont think u have 2 be 18 i have neices n nepthews tht have facebook tht arent even at high school there aint no age restrictions!!! u can restrict who sees ure profile but tht would most likely 2 be the parents who set tht up 4 kids. n saying tht he seemingly knew one of the girls from a young age so the poor girl prob thot it would be safe 2 have him on her friends list!!!!!!!!

p.s what i would say is tht it would make perfect sense for there 2 be an age restriction on these sights but as you say whats 2 stop people lying about there age :headbang::rollsmile:

pete if he knew there age

then quite rightly i would hang the cant, i was merely asking a question about facebook

jayjay,i'd do time with a smile on my face if some ratbag pervert was grooming my daughter, yet the club stands by their man.

Praise terrorists, try to pick up little kids online, mock the victims of a horrific accident at a football match, threaten to kill and injure footballers and refs..... all fine and acceptable it seems, but to sing offensive songs you'll get 5 years, makes perfect sense eh :rollsmile::rollsmile::headbang:

Where have u read hearts are officially standing by him like? or u just trying to stick the boot into the club aye coz ur a fpanny and only see the wrong in other clubs, did rangers stick by mcgragor wen he wa accused of rape lucky they did as it was dropped, now I never ever condon or agree with wot he did as he should be giving a jail sentence and a Long one at that but he was innocent until proven guilty, and if hearts have said they are officially standing by him I will be feeling sick and gutted and ashamed of wot they have done.