Fife Football Forum

Pat Nevin

ya cant

After the Justice Committee hearing yesterday the Scotsman confirms Pat Nevin was targeted not only by Celtic fans but by the club itself.

”He told MSPs: "The song went something like, 'As a young man, I'm going to join the IRA - provisional wing'.

"It offended me and I do not want to hear it at a football ground.

"I was shocked and surprised that Celtic Football Club and a great number of fans complained to the BBC, because I expect to hear them say that they do not want to hear that sort of song at their ground."

Persecution of Nevin by TGFITW was not unexpected but by confirming the club targeted him Pat highlighted what we already know, but what has never been recognised in the media – Celtic FC from the chairman, thru’ CEO Lawwell to elements of the playing staff share and still support militant Irish Republicanism.

Its absolutely right that this vile, bilious "religious affiliation" cancer that pervades within the "establishments" that are the Old Firm are shown for what they are in public. I believe that we, the supporters of all teams outwith the Old Firm, should show a level of gratitude to Monsieur Cant for having the moral & just courage to take a stance on behalf of all football supporters against this Old Firm disease. He correctly & rightly condemns both the supporters & the Club(s ?????) for apparently condoning & embracing this abominable situation.

Noo, it might just be that my laptop's on the blink a bit, but i seem to be missing the second half/part of his crusade message. Mines finishes after the bit about Pat Nevin & Celtic !!!!!

Im sure that he (the Cant chap) inadvertently pressed the "send" button before he was able to let us have his take & pearls of wisdom on the equivalent level of sectarianism/religious hatred/illegal organisation connections/etc, that exists & is held by a number (majority/minority ???) of followers of his beloved Rangers. Still, im sure it was just an oversight & he'll be on soon with the same level of vitriol & condemnation to put the record straight.

Thanks in advance for balancing this issue with the second part of your report. Or..............................................................................

Its absolutely right that this vile, bilious "religious affiliation" cancer that pervades within the "establishments" that are the Old Firm are shown for what they are in public. I believe that we, the supporters of all teams outwith the Old Firm, should show a level of gratitude to Monsieur Cant for having the moral & just courage to take a stance on behalf of all football supporters against this Old Firm disease. He correctly & rightly condemns both the supporters & the Club(s ?????) for apparently condoning & embracing this abominable situation.

Noo, it might just be that my laptop's on the blink a bit, but i seem to be missing the second half/part of his crusade message. Mines finishes after the bit about Pat Nevin & Celtic !!!!!

Im sure that he (the Cant chap) inadvertently pressed the "send" button before he was able to let us have his take & pearls of wisdom on the equivalent level of sectarianism/religious hatred/illegal organisation connections/etc, that exists & is held by a number (majority/minority ???) of followers of his beloved Rangers. Still, im sure it was just an oversight & he'll be on soon with the same level of vitriol & condemnation to put the record straight.

Thanks in advance for balancing this issue with the second part of your report. Or..............................................................................

:whistling::rollsmile::cheers: Its only about one team with him.

Here is everything. something Ya Cant doesn't give.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLFKlo7w4Ek...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgbUntAU8dw...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjqLP8Hhcfk...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raVf7P2KQy4...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLFKlo7w4Ek...feature=related

Dear Dhanny,

Rather than gloating & wallowing in the shortcomings elsewhere, if memory serves, you have been as guilty of having selected amnesia when it comes to Celtic as La Cant has when it comes to Rangers.

However, your reply has amplified my beliefs that you (Celtic & Rangers) are both as bad as each other & adopt the blatant "hear no evil, etc," when it comes to your own team.

You deserve each other !!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, Scottish football & the wider communities have to endure & put up with all the baggage you bring too.

Just an opinion like, ken.

well said hob-hoarse,agree with you ..........now is the time to expose genuine secterainism...........From what I have experienced, the majority of non-Catholics would welcome the abolishon of segregated faith schools and would welcome an all-inclusive approach with open arms.

If we were such a bigoted anti-catholic nation, would we really be in favour of Catholic children attending the same schools as our non-Catholics? Surely such bigots would be opposed to integration, yet most of us would welcome it.

Who has the problem?

End of story.

"agree with you" - about what exactly ???? Let me have the 2nd part of your extensive, in depth condemnation report that opened the thread, then i'll hopefully "agree with you".

Im sure you'll give a "no holds barred" account of the underlying anti-whatever that exists within the glass establishment that is Rangers (& Celtic) & the so called fans that feed ravenously at the table of hatred & divide. Unless of course you agree with the fact that both sides of this shameful scenario are equally majorly responsible for the perilous state & the football decline in Scotland ???

Note to self : :whistling::rollsmile:

of course both sides are as bad as each other,thats the point am trying to make,for years youve had jack mcconnell.now alex salmond keep talking about scotlands shame ,make us look bad all over the world about being a bigot nation........if we were a bigot nation as they put it why did the recent popes visit go by without a whimper,now compare his visit to the recent visit he made to a catholic country in spain,the protests where Riot police in Madrid clashed with demonstrators on the eve of the pope’s arrival. Thousands marched through the streets, shouting critical slogans. :whistling::rollsmile:

Spanish daily newspaper El Pais reported eight people arrested and 11 others hurt in the street violence.

yous keep listening to alex salmond al keep watching whats going on in the real world..............

MP's and MSP's at Holyrood, currently throwing their collective hands up in horror at religious bigotry and sectarianism, should be put on the spot as to why they endorse and support State-sponsored sectarianism and employment discrimination. It would be interesting to see them attempt to publicly try and defend that disgrace.

Edited by ya cant

"agree with you" - about what exactly ???? Let me have the 2nd part of your extensive, in depth condemnation report that opened the thread, then i'll hopefully "agree with you".

Im sure you'll give a "no holds barred" account of the underlying anti-whatever that exists within the glass establishment that is Rangers (& Celtic) & the so called fans that feed ravenously at the table of hatred & divide. Unless of course you agree with the fact that both sides of this shameful scenario are equally majorly responsible for the perilous state & the football decline in Scotland ???

Note to self : :rollsmile::cheers:

totally agree in what your saying m8, apart from the last bit :cheers: how are celtic and rangers responsible for the perilous state & the football decline in scotland as you put it :headbang:

p.s

ya cant full of sh1te as per :whistling:

Note to self : :rollsmile::cheers:

totally agree in what your saying m8, apart from the last bit :cheers: how are celtic and rangers responsible for the perilous state & the football decline in scotland as you put it :headbang:

p.s

ya cant full of sh1te as per :whistling:

truth hurts jayjay,it will all come back and bite yer arse one day............

are you listening to the justice debate jayjay...........jeanette findlay celtc trust-ira lover.......heres her quote; I don't know how long you have been going to Celtc matches, but in all of my life, the term H.UN has never been used to apply to a protestant or any other member of a religious group. It refers to a Rangers Supporter.

Someone else asks: "Why do you call Hearts and killie fans h.uns then"

JF: "Its just applied in a sort of football rivarly term. Its doesn't have any religious conitation what so ever. It never has"

In the space of 30 seconds she has just been shown to be a liar and a complete bigot.................

Edited by ya cant

are you listening to the justice debate jayjay...........jeanette findlay celtc trust-ira lover.......heres her quote; I don't know how long you have been going to Celtc matches, but in all of my life, the term H.UN has never been used to apply to a protestant or any other member of a religious group. It refers to a Rangers Supporter.

JF: "Its just applied in a sort of football rivarly term. Its doesn't have any religious conitation what so ever. It never has"

In the space of 30 seconds she has just been shown to be a liar and a complete bigot.................

The fact that Rangers fans have been called h.uns for long enough by many fans of teams other than Celtic might indicate that statement to be correct.

Edited by gogsy

What the ###### are you on about?

rangers are the h.uns.

Hearts are nothing but h.un reserves and killie aren't much better

There is no sectarian link into labelling hearts and killie h.uns, its because they are perceived to be rangers lovers. Where is the bigotry in labelling you's h.uns?

The whole debates a crock of fkn shite.

The fact that Rangers fans have been called h.uns for long enough by many fans of teams other than Celtic might indicate that statement to be correct.

It is recognised by organisations such as Nil by Mouth as a Sectarian slur, regardless of why you think you use it.