Fife Football Forum

Scores 14 Jan

Lochore 1-0 steelend should have been more missed loads of chances

Wee bit of an understatement Conn. Steelend keeper was easily man of the match. We really need to be more clinical with our finishing. 20 clear chances and only 1 goal isn't good enough. :banghead::headbang::cheers:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Berts 0 Bluebell 4.

Our keeper harshly sent off in first half. Scoreline not a reflection.

Very, very harsh scoreline on Lochgelly.

Willie Telford had 2 great chances for Lochgelly, 1 hit the post i believe (i was over the field getting match balls lol) before completely against the run of play Droudge headed home a free kick at the back stick for Bluebell in 24 mins. Berts keeper Rushford sent off after bringing down Wallace on 45 mins. Seen these decisions go for and against us in the past so no real complaints from me on that, Cele cleared ball off line so ref had to blow for the pen and send Colin off. Penalty? Yes, sending off? again harsh but thats the rules.

2nd half i thought we battled away well with 10 men and in 76 mins Darren Seath got in the way 2 yards out of a Telford shot that was going in and Bluebell broke up the park and scored, so instead of 1-2 its 0-3. Droudge got a free header from a corner on 83 mins to make it 0-4.

We'll take it on the chin and regroup.

match pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cowdenjimmy/s...8867823035/show

apologies to all Bluebell fans that bought match programmes today. Due to a mistake by the printers they left the Luncarty badge on the cover instead of putting Bluebell badge on!

Edited by albert lochgelly

Berts 0 Bluebell 4.

Willie Telford had 2 great chances for Lochgelly, 1 hit the post i believe (i was over the field getting match balls lol) before completely against the run of play Droudge headed home a free kick at the back stick for Bluebell in 24 mins. Berts keeper Rushford sent off after bringing down Wallace on 45 mins. Seen these decisions go for and against us in the past so no real complaints from me on that, Cele cleared ball off line so ref had to blow for the pen and send Colin off. Penalty? Yes, sending off? again harsh but thats the rules.

2nd half i thought we battled away well with 10 men and in 76 mins Darren Seath got in the way 2 yards out of a Telford shot that was going in and Bluebell broke up the park and scored, so instead of 1-2 its 0-3. Droudge got a free header from a corner on 83 mins to make it 0-4.

match pics

apologies to all Bluebell fans that bought match programmes today. Due to a mistake by the printers they left the Luncarty badge on the cover instead of putting Bluebell badge on!

Who went in goals after sending off

Berts 0 Bluebell 4.

match pics

The sub keeper, Stevie Clark.

Wee bit of an understatement Conn. Steelend keeper was easily man of the match. We really need to be more clinical with our finishing. 20 clear chances and only 1 goal isn't good enough. :banghead::headbang::cheers:

20 clear chances????? Lochore did have a lot of good chances but not 20

thornton 1 newburgh 3

Newburgh well worth their win, Jimmy. Just glad to see The San Siro playable when others were off.

your right john the best team won, i was impresed the way they knocked it about

agree with what both have said over the whole of the game, BUT and this would have altered the whole game, why was the Newburgh defender not sent off when the penalty was given. He denied a goalscoring opportunity, Thornton striker was clean through with just the keeper to beat and that is a sending off. The lad didnt even get a yellow card.

thornton 1 newburgh 3

Newburgh well worth their win, Jimmy. Just glad to see The San Siro playable when others were off.

agree with what both have said over the whole of the game, BUT and this would have altered the whole game, why was the Newburgh defender not sent off when the penalty was given. He denied a goalscoring opportunity, Thornton striker was clean through with just the keeper to beat and that is a sending off. The lad didnt even get a yellow card.

Watched Newburgh a few times this season and like most teams, they have had decisions like that go against them at crucial moments in games too. They do knock the ball about well and play good football on the deck though.

Berts 0 Bluebell 4.

match pics

The sub keeper, Stevie Clark.

how did the legend play

thornton 1 newburgh 3

Definite red card which could have altered the outcome but to be fair Newburgh worthy winners, No.6 or 7 for Newburgh was a flying machine.

thornton 1 newburgh 3

Definite red card which could have altered the outcome but to be fair Newburgh worthy winners, No.6 or 7 for Newburgh was a flying machine.

It was the number 7, Chris McLeish, Dan. The Hibs' defence couldn't cope with his pace.

Berts 0 Bluebell 4.

match pics

Highlights from the game are

Wee bit of an understatement Conn. Steelend keeper was easily man of the match. We really need to be more clinical with our finishing. 20 clear chances and only 1 goal isn't good enough. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

20 clear chances????? Lochore did have a lot of good chances but not 20

your right bud it wasn't 20 it was 23 :rolleyes::banghead:

Berts 0 Bluebell 4.

match pics

Highlights from the game are

For some reason, YouTube has blocked this being played on mobile phones. Instead, you can still watch it by watching the embedded video on our club website and scrolling down to "Latest Match Highlights" CLICK HERE.