Fife Football Forum

Scores 3rd

Lochgelly 3 Lochore 2

Thought the first 15 minutes the albert were the better side and we couldn't get out the bit with their pressing and the wind against us. Lochgelly took the lead thru darren seath placing the ball under mcmaihin. We started making chances and picked up after that but couldn't equalise.

Half time 1-0 to lochgelly.

Second half we got a bit of confidence from the break and mcdonough equalised after being through on rushford. Lochgelly took the lead through cele on his first touch with a perfect volley into the top corner. We equalised again through a scott penman penalty. Young referee Ruairi Kilgour done the right thing and gave a second penalty after a blatant handball from Barrett and showed him a red card. Unfortunately for us rushford got down well and saved the penalty and conceded a corner which we had several on the back of but couldn't put the ball in the net through some good defending from the albert. Shortly afterwards the ref sent off fyfe for what I can only describe as the only option the ref could make, was a reckless tackle and he had to go for it.

Lochgelly got their goal against the run of play when (what it looked like from our dugout) three lochgelly players were offside. Mcmaihin had to come out and challenge for the ball and it was played to one of the advancing lochgelly players (can't remember who) to place into the empty net.

No complaints after speaking to the ref after the match as he confirmed from his angle he could only see that the striker who didn't touch the ball looked the only one offside from his view. Fair play as there's no linesmen to confirm whether they were on not. One man doing a three man job has a hard job to do. Thought the ref was actually quite decent today apart from that one moment that i disputed until after I had spoken to him and heard his side of it.

Comment from sam courts afterward to me when I was having the chat with young ruairi.... I wasn't complaining to him about the decision, I've known ruairi for a wee while as I used to play in the same side as his big brother so went to ask for his view on the third goal and also say to him I thought he had a decent shift.

Well done to lochgelly for hanging on and getting the win, gutted about the result as I thought we should have won but that's the joys of football eh.... All the best for the future!

Lochgelly 4 lochore 3 lochore the better team

A musta missed 2 goals? Anyway I thot a draw was a fair result ,we had few great chances as lochore did,dubious winner for us but I wasn't in line so diny ken if he was offside or not!young ref was decent a thot n got both reds spot on,our nan o match a would have given to colin rushford and thot lochores bishop and craig duncan we're really good today.anyway aw best to tiger and the welfare for rest o season