Fife Football Forum

Bluebell/kirkcaldy Ym

One call to the SJFA to check Meikle and Murdoch's contracts would tell you that your Facts are utter rubbish. The YM pay tax and there is no way the committee would let any manager pay the players wages. Any money the YM have is through sponsor's and investment (FACT).

As for the Dundonald players, their contracts and the money for their 2 year deals were agreed with Dougie Rogerson and Allan Halliday. Colin Downie did not agree to pay these deals (FACT).

There is so much rubbish gets posted about this stuff and people believe it because nobody set them straight.

I'm not hiding behind usernames. I've worked with Colin through all of this so what I am writing is FACT.

Just remind us how you left the YM when you were a signed player Kevin?

right its time to put this matter to bed, the whole of the dundonald bluebell squad will not be joining kirkcaldy ym, at present we have 19 signed players, the majority have all just signed new deals with the club that colin downie offered them when he took over the job, unless i am wrong then a club can only sign 25 players, and lets be honest its hard enough keeping a small squad happy let alone that amount, all the players that were offered new deals were done so because colin recognised that the playing staff didnt need a hell of a lot done to it apart from add a few quality players, which is what every manager new or old does to a club at this time of year, every single remaining player from last year has been told they are all wanted and will get more than a chance to impress, we want to improve on last years dissapointment and in order to do this the club not colin have secured sponsership which allows the club to improve both on and off the park, therefore kirkcaldy ym dosnt need colin or kevin to pay players as the club has totall responsibility on players contracts etc, i hope this clears any matters up!

Good to hear the YM will not be bringing in any more Bluebell players

Got a lot of good players from last season only fair on them

I can't see where Roy is saying the YM won't be signing anymore Bluebell players mate, it might or might not happen but who cares , Colin will sign boys he feels will improve the squad regardless what club they come from. & Scotty81 how could you question how Kevin left the YM 6 or 7 years ago when u were 1 of Gibbys good team who left the club high & dry to sign for Thornton & force the club to close its doors for a year. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones mate.

Edited by Sundance

right its time to put this matter to bed, the whole of the dundonald bluebell squad will not be joining kirkcaldy ym, at present we have 19 signed players, the majority have all just signed new deals with the club that colin downie offered them when he took over the job, unless i am wrong then a club can only sign 25 players, and lets be honest its hard enough keeping a small squad happy let alone that amount, all the players that were offered new deals were done so because colin recognised that the playing staff didnt need a hell of a lot done to it apart from add a few quality players, which is what every manager new or old does to a club at this time of year, every single remaining player from last year has been told they are all wanted and will get more than a chance to impress, we want to improve on last years dissapointment and in order to do this the club not colin have secured sponsership which allows the club to improve both on and off the park, therefore kirkcaldy ym dosnt need colin or kevin to pay players as the club has totall responsibility on players contracts etc, i hope this clears any matters up!

greenhill ,forbes and bissett have signed for the ym,think they used to play for the bluebell,no sure though :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile:

Yes they are former Dundonald players . Well done did you figure that out on ur own ??? Roy's post clearly states " the whole of the bluebell squad will not be signing for YM ", as far as I can see they have signed 7. YM lost 4 or 5 from a squad of 16 that finished 7th so it dosnt take a genius to figure out they needed quality & depth. That's exactly what Colin & Kevin are doing.

greenhill ,forbes and bissett have signed for the ym,think they used to play for the bluebell,no sure though :rollsmile: :rollsmile: :rollsmile:

Heard YM chairman Ramsay Budd,and vice chairman Jim Anderson have stepped down, who are the new chairman and vice chairman?

Who gives a feck who kdy signing,they deserve a bit good fortune after having to take a year out,good luck to them,apart fae when they play the berts like haha

Just hope for the sake of the committee who got things back up and running,Kev Smart,Ness and everyone else who have helped over the last few years that the new chairman,management team are able to keep things going in the right direction.

Edited by scotty81

Scotty, me & Roy have been involved in the process from the moment I stood down until today & will continue to help out on anyway the clubs needs us. I can say that Jim , Ramsay & Jackie along with myself , Roy & Rab Bowie are more than happy with the way things have went & the job Colin & Kevin are doing. Just hope we can all move on & concentrate on the football now. What's done at YM , Dundonald , where ever is done, time to put an end to it.

Just as long as they don't sign Dudsley they'll be fine!! Joking aside, are you looking to play again or will it just be an annual appearance in Franny's memorial game?

Dudsley managed a few games for YM ams end of last season but I was towing 2 caravans as opposed to just one. Felt about as fit as Neil Sellars in a good pre-season(now that's unfit!!)

As for the comment to scotty Russell about the ym folding when players followed Gibby to Thornton. That was nonsense. For 2 months towards the end of that season I asked about re-signing and nobody was interested. Ym folding was nothing to do with players.

Ps - 'mind the words, enjoy your pint at quarter to 5, players are in this dressing room' and Franny is a legend.