Fife Football Forum

Clubs Fecked Already

nwohbk

No its not spot on.

The standard of our game is probably no worse than what it was in the mid to late Seventies and the early Eighties. Only one club has went over board with the spending on foreign players, and they are now paying the price for that. Most of the other smaller clubs have debt that occured from the upgrading to their stadiums forced on them by the powers of Scottish football. Hibs,The Pars, Partick Thistle, Falkirk etc have all in the past been relegated where they had to do without games v the old firm and without tv money. They are all still here. FFS away grounds you were lucky to get 5000 tickets anyway so for the sake of 2 games I don't see many if any folding. Its all scaremongering by the laptop loyal.

commercial sponsors dhanny.................................Just seen an interview on SSN and the reporter for SSN asked if D Utd would survive in the SPL without Rangers...he hesitated and I believe he really wanted to say yes which obviously he wouldnt admitt..but said it would mean the SPl would have a "different model"

but its all scare mongering dhanny..........................

Edited by ya cant

The thing I don't understand is that ifany other club went into admin, would Rangers really give a F@@k about them!!!! Why should the rules be changed just because its rangers, they have done wrong, the club went defunct, and it's a new beginning for Rangers, the majority of rangers fans have accepted this, but they must also take some of the blame as they supported the way the club was getting run, and no questions were getting asked when big money was getting spent on average players and there was minimal return coming out of Murray park, surely now this must be the priority, bringing young players through, and coaching them in the correct way, so that rangers can be a force again in the Scottish game.

No its not spot on.

The standard of our game is probably no worse than what it was in the mid to late Seventies and the early Eighties. Only one club has went over board with the spending on foreign players, and they are now paying the price for that. Most of the other smaller clubs have debt that occured from the upgrading to their stadiums forced on them by the powers of Scottish football. Hibs,The Pars, Partick Thistle, Falkirk etc have all in the past been relegated where they had to do without games v the old firm and without tv money. They are all still here. FFS away grounds you were lucky to get 5000 tickets anyway so for the sake of 2 games I don't see many if any folding. Its all scaremongering by the laptop loyal.

commercial sponsors dhanny.................................Just seen an interview on SSN and the reporter for SSN asked if D Utd would survive in the SPL without Rangers...he hesitated and I believe he really wanted to say yes which obviously he wouldnt admitt..but said it would mean the SPl would have a "different model"

Pete the SPL is currently sponsored by Weatherseal. How many times has Weatherseal went bust and come back again?

Sponsors will come and go.

One name springs to mind to replace these two numpties. Adam Crozier.

No its not spot on.

There will always be commercial sponsors. It might be reduced but in the case of D/dee utd and Dundee this will probably be managed. Listen the biggest income to every team in the Scottish league is the "paying public" not tv nor sponsors but those that hand money over at the turnstiles. Dundee just had over 10,000 at a meaningless game over the weekend if that is continued then it will be easy for them. Celtic have stated that this season is the most season ticket sales since the Martin O'Neil era. If supporters step up like this then teams will be more healthier.

Im much the same as you Dhanny.

I dont think the standard has worsened, I think the rest of Europe has improved whilst we've stood still.

The "provincial" clubs are still turning out decent players from their youth programs and there is still developing talent out there.

Although I do think that the young Scottish players heading out of the country are "tarred" with the lower standard of football tag and are thereafter penalised to an extent.

The big difference from the 80s was that the Scottish game was played at pace whereas the Europeans were more laid back in their approach. The Scottish clubs success in those days was a mixture of pace and direct football, whereas now we have lagged behind the Europeans in technical ability.

It could be argued that we have lost some of the "Scottish" traits from the game due to coaching within the game becoming more generic throughout Europe in that FIFA directs UEFA directs SFA on requirements and acheivements. Every coach now aims for the UEFA licence to be able to manage and there must be some level of streamlining in doing that.

The Pars, Raith Rovers and Falkirk were prime examples of the stadium era when they were all doing reasonably well on the field only to be penalised due to ground legislation when the SPL / SFA intervened. I think the only club given an allowance for reconstruction was Celtic when they moved to Hampden for the year.

i agree about bringing youngsters through ,it seems to have stopped although i think ness and mcabe have a bright future in the game but sadly not at rangers,rangers need fans loyalty more than ever now ,anycant that thinks the spl will prosper without rangers need to take there anti rangers specs off,this is going to be a hard 5 years coming up for scottish football not just rangers,theres a staff meeting at ibrox today and more than half the staff will be made redundant .....................no one can predict the future but imo alot of teams are going to find it hard in the spl.............

i agree about bringing youngsters through ,it seems to have stopped although i think ness and mcabe have a bright future in the game but sadly not at rangers,rangers need fans loyalty more than ever now ,anycant that thinks the spl will prosper without rangers need to take there anti rangers specs off,this is going to be a hard 5 years coming up for scottish football not just rangers,theres a staff meeting at ibrox today and more than half the staff will be made redundant .....................no one can predict the future but imo alot of teams are going to find it hard in the spl.............

Thank F**K its now sinking in...Now you just have to admit that the chairmen all made the correct decision and that cheats shouldn't be allowed to win.

It will be hard of course it will but it will also be hard for Rangers.

Will McCoist be there when he is offered 3rd division managers wages?

Will the players that committed to the "NEWCO" contracts be honoured?

Will players like Lee Wallace change their mind?

Its not all going to be a one way street.

Pete, the funny thing is that Ive had some dealings with the Rangers kids coaching staff at Murray Park and they really do sell the club.

We've spoken to a few senior clubs in recent years and when they knew the amount of kids we were working with, the Rangers guys really pushed the boat out. The wee coaching guru from Dundee who Craig Levein lauded to one before pulling him into the SFA coaching program as the next messiah wasnt a patch on them and was only interested in promoting his own business interests.

But Id offer that the problem isnt finding the talent, its that the managerial teams of the past have been reluctant to use it.

Boys like Ness and McCabe wouldnt have figured in the past

The standard has dropped in our game considering we were producing players like Paul McStay (world class btw), Gordon Strachan, Willie Miller, Greame Souness etc... the list can go on however what players can we genuinely say have been world class these past 20 years....McFadden, Ferguson (Barry), Fletcher even McCoist? You be the judge and keep your own council on that one.

Hard to see any current player any where near the bracket as above.

The ground issue was a requirement across the entire UK not just for the good of Scottish football and this was in light of the Hillsborough disaster where terracing was deemed as too dangerous and for fear of repeating what happened at that ground. So all the clubs had to upgrade their stadia to support the new guidelines and absolutely nothing that could be stopped by the SFa on the guidelines for that.

Infact the repercussions of Hillsborough were felt accross the entire European continent. The fact that the clubs in Scotland had to almost bunkrupt themselves to upgrade their grounds is rubbish, they increased their season tickets across the board and increased gate money for every club including the old firm adding surcharges on to add more money to their books for the costs of the new upgrades to their own grounds, baring in mind they have two of the biggest grounds to fill in Scotland against their own fan base.

The Scottish game is at a turning point i think the current leaders will make a right royal pigs ear of things and it will reverberate arund the game for a few years until we can get the right leadership on board to steer the old ship back on course and get a better standard built up again.

I am all for a good standard of football and i really do hope that there are massive sweeping changes that will modernise the game and the culture of football at every level and maybe...just maybe...we might see a few superstars breaking through in the next 5 - 10 years.

The standard has dropped in our game considering we were producing players like Paul McStay (world class btw), Gordon Strachan, Willie Miller, Greame Souness etc... the list can go on however what players can we genuinely say have been world class these past 20 years....McFadden, Ferguson (Barry), Fletcher even McCoist? You be the judge and keep your own council on that one.

Hard to see any current player any where near the bracket as above.

The ground issue was a requirement across the entire UK not just for the good of Scottish football and this was in light of the Hillsborough disaster where terracing was deemed as too dangerous and for fear of repeating what happened at that ground. So all the clubs had to upgrade their stadia to support the new guidelines and absolutely nothing that could be stopped by the SFa on the guidelines for that.

Infact the repercussions of Hillsborough were felt accross the entire European continent. The fact that the clubs in Scotland had to almost bunkrupt themselves to upgrade their grounds is rubbish, they increased their season tickets across the board and increased gate money for every club including the old firm adding surcharges on to add more money to their books for the costs of the new upgrades to their own grounds, baring in mind they have two of the biggest grounds to fill in Scotland against their own fan base.

The Scottish game is at a turning point i think the current leaders will make a right royal pigs ear of things and it will reverberate arund the game for a few years until we can get the right leadership on board to steer the old ship back on course and get a better standard built up again.

I am all for a good standard of football and i really do hope that there are massive sweeping changes that will modernise the game and the culture of football at every level and maybe...just maybe...we might see a few superstars breaking through in the next 5 - 10 years.

I agree with a lot of what your saying but the "Taylor Report" was only for England. In Scotland the spl rule is you only have to sit 10.000 spectators and the rest can stand. But unlike England this ain't the law.

I don't think that's correct at all. It's 6,000 and there is no facility for standing

10,000. Yer right there is no facility for standing but standing is legal in Scotland only clubs at the present time don't accomodate it.

all you guys that are correctly saying Rangers are dead,and the newco have no right to go into the 2nd tier of scottish football again correctly, then why have the newco been punished with a 12 month signing ban, surely the powers that be have no right punishing a newly formed team, because of the actions of a company that no longer exsists

all you guys that are correctly saying Rangers are dead,and the newco have no right to go into the 2nd tier of scottish football again correctly, then why have the newco been punished with a 12 month signing ban, surely the powers that be have no right punishing a newly formed team, because of the actions of a company that no longer exsists

Glasgow Rangers license was transferred to The most successful team in Scotland. If the club had applied for a new license then no sanctions can be placed on them. The SFA have the power to punish them as it is the Oldco's license that has been retained.