Fife Football Forum

Star Hearts Afc

POCKE7

i wid look good pumped up on roids wearing small boys tshirts to show my buffness and maybe even jumping on the sunbeds

Your a slavering cant rhino brer !! Nothing would make u look good ! Fact

This has been one cracking thread...really sorry I found it so late in the day.

No one can dispute that Star have been a great club throughout the years, they have had some great teams, and some superb players.

This clearly does not give them any right to continued success, or even survival, however the fact that the Star committee have done this deal with Mav and Eck shows that they still (even after so many years) love the club and want to be winning.

Who can criticise them for that?

Kennoway have obviously been tucked by the many times discredited S.A.F.A., so may still be in existance as an organisation (I don't know if this is the case or not) but have no way to field an Amateur team anywhere in Scotland.

As Star looked to be on the edge of shutting the doors anyway, and Kennoway had no outlet for their players, this move surely makes so much sense? I doubt anyone at Star would object to losing some of their existing squad if it meant better results and an improved league position.

We all know that folks develop an emotional attachment to their local club, particularly if involved behind the scenes or as regular supporters. This makes moves like this difficult to take sometimes, and inevitably results in a bit of heartbreak and vocals from some on both sides. When shit like this kicks off, everyone involved takes their sides, says their piece, and then (hopefully) moves on.

Fitba players being what they are, will find somewhere to get a game so don't be shedding any tears for any of them. If they are any good they will hold their place at Star, if not they will find somewhere else to get a game. I'm sure Eck gave his Kennoway lads his blessing to sign elsewhere if they wanted, probably sure in the knowledge they would return to his fold if he needed them.

Surely if it wasn't for that shower of incompetent, blazered arseholes at the S.A.F.A. this situation would never have arisen. As someone who has had dealings with them, I know that they are fools, stuck in an outdated mode of committee procedures and a "that's how we've always done it" mindset!

Save your ire for them!

For the record, there have been rumours afoot for over 20 years that the Fife Amateurs and the Kingdom League were discussing coming together. Bear in mind that this was not so long (relatively) after the Kingdom had kicked off. Don't hold your breath!

It looks on the face of it at the moment, that Star are doing not too badly. So hats off to them, and I hope Kennoway return in one form or other next season.

And finally, for someone who has shafted and more or less brought another club to it's knees, to be having a pop at Star or Kennoway on here...that really takes the biscuit!

Cool story Bro