Fife Football Forum

Ajax V Man City

jimmythesaint

Ajax beat City 3-1 in the CL last night !!!!

The total cost of Ajax's starting 11 was £3.75m

The total cost of Man City's was £185.1m !!!!!

Ajax had 6 players from their youth academy in the starting line up, that is exactly what Scottish football has to strive to achieve !!

Ajax still leading the way in terms of youth development !!!

Was in Amsterdam back in February for the United match and was talking to a few Ajax fans. The way they coach their kids to senior level is playing 4-3-3. They don't play any other way and it doesn't matter who they are playing. That's the difference between us and them.

I agree there is a lot to be said about their methods but they had this in place for years

How many of us have taken boys teams to Holland and seen it all

I did 20+ yrs ago

Maybe the guy Wotte in the SFA is the answer as long as it's given time.....5-10-15 yrs

My post in the sunday Ams section says it all...facilites & support.....and of course money

Oh and here's 1 for you........how did Holland do in the Euro's ?????

I agree there is a lot to be said about their methods but they had this in place for years

I did 20+ yrs ago

Maybe the guy Wotte in the SFA is the answer as long as it's given time.....5-10-15 yrs

My post in the sunday Ams section says it all...facilites & support.....and of course money

World Cup final 2 years prior to it John. But they won the same as England mate :ok:

Mark Wotte tweeted this morning about the facts about the Ajax team and City. Academys do work.

Ajax football was magic. It exposed Gary Neville's pundit skills as well though as he dismissed Ajax football during first half.

It would never work in Scotland though as the fans are to demanding, they go backwards if nothing on but in Scotland the fans would go tonto if teams started going backwards with the ball.

I agree The problem with Scotland is that the fans are too demanding, in order for our game to go forward we need to realise that we arent going to have success immediatly, short term pain for long term gain !!

Its the same with the national team, things are being put into place at the grassroots level but results wont be seen for years yet but the fans still wants success now !!

On the national team front its "Sack the manager" !!!

WHY ??? The players we have at the minute arent good enough, hopefully that will change in a few years.

Think soemthing to bare inmind about AJAX too is that they can sign players from anywhere and develop them so they have african players etc in their youth set ups !!

Scottish clubs cant do that due to work permit restrictions !!

I did 20+ yrs ago

Mariner, you are spot on.

Ive seen thing from another perspective in that we are constantly told in Scotland that facilities are not available.

At the moment, Im living in Newfoundland and football ( Saccer ) is on the rise here.

The main reason is that the local government has invested heavily in facilities.

I stay just outside of St Johns which is about the size of Dunfermline.

Within ten miles, they have one indoor full size 3G astro facility a la Toryglen, they have three outdoor floodlit grass facilities with six parks, we have six outdoor floodlit 3G facilities also as well a three other indoor training areas.

The kids are attracted to the game because they arent training in mud or on gym floors.

There is a great deal to be learned

I did 20+ yrs ago

World Cup final 2 years prior to it John. But they won the same as England mate :ok:

Mark Wotte tweeted this morning about the facts about the Ajax team and City. Academys do work.

what i meant was that people expected more from Holland....even to go through to the final

It didn't come off and there was even fighting in the camp

Point is that although their system is very good it but like any system they don't always get the results people expect