Fife Football Forum

Shorts And Socks

Tony to be fair going from Pitreavie to The Elizabethan is a treck for some boys and it's easier to get a pint after the game at Pitreavie. Not all teams came back to our boozer but the usual teams did and we always try return the favour. Sometimes it's not possible.

On the subject of increase in referees fees was this voted for by majority or was it just agreed? I know people will be thinking it's only a £2 increase but there are IMO some referees who don't deserve to be paid that kind of fee whereas others are more than justified. Just think with the rising costs of everything else in trying to run a team etc. and with sponsors tightening themselves the last thing any club should be looking at is to increase league fees, referees fees etc. It's hard enough as it is. I would have had my say at last nights meeting but unfortunately family committments meant I couldn't

Just to add I fully back the increase in committee members fees. Without you guys this league wouldn't exist :ok:

Edited by mgm

Don't know why anybody wouldn't go back 2 a teams pub we go back 2 every teams pub that we play! Had a few gid turnouts at the crystal bayview brucefield kings n limekilns all had a gid squad back at oor pub. Tbh am glad eh the free feed never time for any breakfast oan a Sunday with the early kick offs ha

Hence why a said majority flecky but used missed a hell ov a good scran. If we were playing you at your park we would be at your boozer. Good few pubs we went to we had more than double the home team had there.

Regarding refs it was pointed out that sat ams had an increase to 40 quid and we always try to stay1 quid behind. It was either that or risk losing refs. Tbh I don't think they would stop reffing even if it was 30 quid. It's easy money and I bet 90 plus more percent don't declare it. What happens next year if they start wantin 45 quid a game. Are we going to be held to ransom as we need refs??. Think there needs to be a cap on how high it goes. Canny ask players to be stumping up 6-8 quid a week then have midweeks for a game of football IMO .

Regarding refs it was pointed out that sat ams had an increase to 40 quid and we always try to stay1 quid behind. It was either that or risk losing refs. Tbh I don't think they would stop reffing even if it was 30 quid. It's easy money and I bet 90 plus more percent don't declare it. What happens next year if they start wantin 45 quid a game. Are we going to be held to ransom as we need refs??. Think there needs to be a cap on how high it goes. Canny ask players to be stumping up 6-8 quid a week then have midweeks for a game of football IMO .

Had a belter this year.handed over a 20 a 10 and 2 fivers,no other change.ref not happy with 35.00 but more than happy to take the additional 3 pound!!ridiculous and agree with the points raised when only some come close to warranting it.think thats possibly the 3rd increase in my 4 year involvement!!

Had a belter this year.handed over a 20 a 10 and 2 fivers,no other change.ref not happy with 35.00 but more than happy to take the additional 3 pound!!ridiculous and agree with the points raised when only some come close to warranting it.think thats possibly the 3rd increase in my 4 year involvement!!

nae organisation-- typical :whistling:

Tony to be fair going from Pitreavie to The Elizabethan is a treck for some boys and it's easier to get a pint after the game at Pitreavie. Not all teams came back to our boozer but the usual teams did and we always try return the favour. Sometimes it's not possible.

On the subject of increase in referees fees was this voted for by majority or was it just agreed? I know people will be thinking it's only a £2 increase but there are IMO some referees who don't deserve to be paid that kind of fee whereas others are more than justified. Just think with the rising costs of everything else in trying to run a team etc. and with sponsors tightening themselves the last thing any club should be looking at is to increase league fees, referees fees etc. It's hard enough as it is. I would have had my say at last nights meeting but unfortunately family committments meant I couldn't

Just to add I fully back the increase in committee members fees. Without you guys this league wouldn't exist :ok:

the elizabeathing is just up the road u radge cant!!

the elizabeathing is just up the road u radge cant!!

No from Pitreavie it's not. It's quicker and easier to just walk into the bar at Pitreavie as well. DUFC were supposed to be playing their home games at Halbeath. Hopefully the manage to get Duloch next season

Saturday Ams didnt have a refs fee increased, it is still £38 per game, but majority of teams give the refs £40