Fife Football Forum

English Manager's.

Dhanny

Was asked a wee question today that I have to admit had me totally stumped.

Name the only English manager that will compete in this seasons champion's League???

Ian Baraclough Sligo Rovers

Correct.

Thought that was amazing. Are people maybe just that wee bit quick to savage the scottish game.

Do you think we should be happy with the fact that they are absolutely sh*te with no clue when the play but once the boots are hung up and the belly protrudes, and the face gains the alki flush, they become master tacticians at none Scottish clubs?

Smacks of laziness to me. Try put some effort in like a John Collins when they play and our team might not be too bad!

Do you think we should be happy with the fact that they are absolutely sh*te with no clue when the play but once the boots are hung up and the belly protrudes, and the face gains the alki flush, they become master tacticians at none Scottish clubs?

Smacks of laziness to me. Try put some effort in like a John Collins when they play and our team might not be too bad!

Steady chief, John Collins had his excellent tactical training and diet programmes well complained about by superstars running to the chairman saying he's no normal...

It's often the case the it's the average players that make the best managers and that's in every nationality so not sure what your point is Rossi mate ??

How many truly world class players have went on to have very successfull managerial careers ??

Another wee fact that's actually shameful to them as a nation that claims to have invented the game.

Only 7 English men have managed a team in the Champions league since it started away back.

Can you name all 7???

Another wee fact that's actually shameful to them as a nation that claims to have invented the game.

Only 7 English men have managed a team in the Champions league since it started away back.

Can you name all 7???

Dhanny, including qualifiers I think there is 10 well 11 if you include a trick question.

1. B Robson various

2. H Wilkinson Leeds

3 R Harford Blackburn

4 B Paisley Liverpool

5 J Fagan Liverpool

6. B Clough Forrest

7. T Barton Villa

8 T Mowbray Celtic lost in qualifier to Arsenal I think

9 S McLaren FC Twente lost in qualifier

10 P Thompson managed Liverpool when Houllier had heart op

11 Bruce Rioch Aalborg, played for Scotland but born in England

• 2 weeks later...

Can you name all 7???

Dhanny, including qualifiers I think there is 10 well 11 if you include a trick question.

1. B Robson various

2. H Wilkinson Leeds

3 R Harford Blackburn

4 B Paisley Liverpool

5 J Fagan Liverpool

6. B Clough Forrest

7. T Barton Villa

8 T Mowbray Celtic lost in qualifier to Arsenal I think

9 S McLaren FC Twente lost in qualifier

10 P Thompson managed Liverpool when Houllier had heart op

11 Bruce Rioch Aalborg, played for Scotland but born in Englan

Bob Paisley, Brian Clough, Joe Fagan and Tony Barton didn't play in champions league. It was European cup then. Didn't know about Phil Thomson and neither did the daily star as that's where I saw it.