Fife Football Forum

Steven Caulker

mgm

Diego Costa no Spanish bloodline yet chooses to play for Spain over Brazil the country of his birth purely because he can apply for Spanish citizenship. If it's good enough for the World and Double European Champions then it should be good enough for us.

Terrible terrible terrible that its come to this. What does nationality actually mean?? Your all that desperate to wi you would sell the very essence of what being scottish is.

no such thing as a national team. Its a disgrace

not just a scottish problem , world wide , of europe i would think italy would be closest to players of home birth .

Who cares if its good enough for other countries. Patriotism has been taking out national sport. 20 year ago you would never even consider a guy who has been capped by england to play for scotland.

All it does is cover the cracks that we cant produce our own talent.

Im my eyes using players who are not from your country is a form of cheating.

you cants have nae national pride. Fooking sell outs

Who cares if its good enough for other countries. Patriotism has been taking out national sport. 20 year ago you would never even consider a guy who has been capped by england to play for scotland.

but 20 years ago we capped players born in england , so the difference is ?

you will be voting yes then I take it

totally agree shaun if your no scottish you shouldn't be selected thats why oor grass roots are fecked they would rather pick foreigners

totally agree shaun if your no scottish you shouldn't be selected thats why oor grass roots are fecked they would rather pick foreigners

How would you determine who's Scottish or not? Born in Scotland? Born in another country but both parents are Scottish? Moved to Scotland as a baby and raised in Scotland therefore because you've spent 5 years at a Scottish school it makes you eligible (Islam Feruz as an example) Grandparents are Scottish thus making your parents half Scottish etc. How do you determine who is Scottish????

Whilst we are on the subject about our grassroots. The Scotland team are not to blame for grassroots becing fecked. Thinking a footballer should be 6 foot + and of a certain height and weight is what has fecked the game. Coaching in Scotland is to blame. Clubs who would rather spend money and bringing in foreign players instead of trusting their youth system has fecked our game. Not the National team. It baffles me when I turn up at Pitreavie on a Saturday morning watching kids playing 7 a side football with only 1 boy playing up front. If that's the mentality we have now how will our kids progress throughout their youth.

Edited by mgm

ffs woman has scottish baby gingerbaby.jpg

woman has spanish baby best-spanish-baby-names.jpg

both born the same day ,no difference bar one gets taught, coached, the right way .both now 5ft 7

for years the game in scotland has suffered as the guy 5ft 7 at the age of 10 can barge boys oot the way,get fuuccckked in ,win high balls but guess what he cannae control a ball or pass worth a fuuuccckk .

its too late for change imo as the youngsters nowadays dont give a fuuucckk anymore.

It is a tough one. If we do not play to the same rule book as all the other countries then we risk falling further behind. I think everyone will agree that Belgium are one of the top sides just now, but a large percentage of their players were not born in Belgium and would not be classed as Belgians other than for football.

I would love to see a team packed with passionate Scots, however I think we also need to use whatever advantage we can whilst trying to maintain a core of Scottish born players.