Fife Football Forum

Result 9/2

scholesy

I always understood the rule of of giving other teams who hadn't played teams that dropped out the 3 points were so it didn't benefit another team but with brucefield lochore and crystal playing and beating acorn but with rosyth getting beat from acorn they have nothing to loose its strange that it's only just been noticed now yet I can't mind this happening any other season

Who ever tops the table at end deserves it. I think all points gained from a team folding should be deducted. Who's to say they wouldn't have went on to beat crystal, Brucefield and lochore and Rosyth beat them.

it hasn't happened like this since lochore joined the league,

david blair asked for and was granted the rule that rather than deleting a defunct club others clubs were awarded 3pts,

hope the clubs near the bottom realise if acorns out 2 are relegated

Edited by valdas

Rosyths league to loose once every other team gets there points deducted for the games they've played against acorn it's handed them the league as rosyth got beat no points to loose

has this been confirmed - heard it hasn't been voted through at any meeting?

It's seemingly in the constitution already this year so why would they have to vote it in rules are rules from what I was told by a reliable source it's ur games against other teams that's lost most teams the league I'm sure the rosyth manager could shed more light on this subject

It certainly is in the league constitution, if a team is to fold then all results against them are null in void so league table looks like this after today's results

Rosyth played 12 won 10 drawn 0 lost 2 points 30

Lochore played 14 won 9 drawn 2 lost 3 points 29

Brucefield played 11 won 8 drawn 0 lost 3 points 24

Crystal played 9 won 5 drawn 1 lost 3 points 16

Kinghorn played 11 won 5 drawn 1 lost 5 points 16

Limekilns played 9 won 4 drawn 1 lost 4 points 13

Bogarts -3pts played 9 won 3 drawn 0 lost 6 points 6

Crown inn played 11 won 1 drawn 1 lost 9 points 4

Kitty's played 12 won 1 drawn 0 lost 11 points 3

It's strange that it changed now and no one else knew

Thing is tony do you think rosyth would be saying that if they were joint top with a team but they had played acorn twice and beat them yet the other team had lost both games to them the other team would be loosing nothing rosyth would loose 6 points though don't think so

its in the constitution because the local rule was omitted jock

As long as it's all above board m8 there's no much any team can do about it, what a don't understand is why acorn weren't omitted from league when they folded. As a player I always thought opposition where awarded 2-0 win in these situations. Learning new things on a daily basis now tho.

that's the way it always was.

but to be told after 3/4 off the games have been played pisses me off,

im sure other clubs agree

I understand it's frustrating as any team would be exact same. It's shit finding out now as it would if been better at beginning of season. It's same with goal difference though. If a team scores 150 goals and another 75 but end on same points it goes to a playoff which it shouldn't really . Rosyth have in effect lost out on 3 points too as they don't get to play them again and got beat in first game so really no gain for them.

I apologise for my lack of knowledge hear but correct me if am wrong m8

We as an association had in place a local rule stating that if a team was to fold throughout a season there unfulfilled fixtures would b recorded as a 2-0 win to there opposition.