Fife Football Forum

League Tables @ 25Th May

Am sure it was burntisland v kirkcaldy two weeks ago mav......burntisland played a boy who was released by kirkcaldy ym juniors after the deadline of 31st march....in burtlslands defence they phoned the secretary of the league who told them it was alright to play the boy...so they did...but am sure weve heard this somewhere before....anyway its not fair on kirkcaldy to be asked to withdraw there protest ...they can if they like but as a league they should still pull burntlsland up for playing a protest but there seems to be a big sweeping brush under a carpet somewhere....

Can someone point out the problem here as i can't see one.

Lad been released by his club - plays as a trialist in a league game for another club.

I know the signing deadline was 31st March, but the boys not signed - just playing as trialist in a league game which I thought was allowed ?

If the lad was signed as a professional for his junior club then released he can't play as a trialist . If he signed amatuer form for the junior club he can play a max of two games. Hope that clears it up for you mate

The protest is against burntisland for playing a player that was released by Kirkcaldy ym. Surely the league canny tell ligi to withdraw their protest when the secratary made a arse of it. Ligi and k/caldy got punished two year ago for the same thing so the protest must be heard surely .swept under the carpet again I would imagine

exactly dody, cost us the league that year, but it seems to b different rules for different teams!

Totally agree with Dody on this 1. Surely the league will act on this one and quickly as it can have a bearing on the outcome of the league! Pretty sure other teams in the past have been punished for similar offences?!