Fife Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jimmythesaint

Independence

Independence Poll  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No one said it will be easy or immediate effect BUT this country is in steady decline at the moment under Westminster policies so it's about changing things and concentrating on spending money elsewhere to improve the whole country.

We are in a union that's pretty fucked,bound to a larger nation that sucks our resources and gives us little back and looks upon us as a bunch of subsidy junkies.

We are at the mercy of the English electorate,whoever they vote for usually will be in power.

Right now we're being shafted over by a bunch of toffs who nobody in Scotland votes for,who have used this country in the past as a tester for things like poll tax,who've killed the small villages round here which were once heaving with mining and other industries.

They've ran rosyth dockyard down over the years to a shadow of it's former self,I'd be shocked if it lasted another 10-15 years before it's mothballed completely if you vote no.

Shipbuilding on the Clyde is practically null,we've become a nation of call centres and public service workers,our skills base has been eroded by successive British govts.

The average life expectancy in some areas of our largest city,which has been under unionise control for decades,is less than most third world countries and the endemic poverty in those areas is shameful in an oil rich country..

Scotland was lied too in the late 70's,told that oil would run out within a decade,yet it's still going and they're starting to explore a new oil field as large as any previously found just off our coast.

If we fall for it again and pass up the chance to decide our own affairs,then we deserve to be shat on and ripped off,as we inevitably will be after a no vote...

Quite clear that no have two groups in the electorate to thank for their victory. In a ageing population it seems the only group to vote no would be the over 55s with the over 65s voting nearly three to one against independence. Throw in the uk citizens who had a vote that were voting 3-1 in favour of no. If 80% of them voted then that's 300,000-100,000 in support of no. in that category alone.

And with the demise of the RAF bases and the fact that no Royal Navy ships patrol Scottish waters then the forces raised in Scotland will be what they have always be used for and that's cannon fodder.

Edited by gogsy

It it what it is, we accept it and move on !!

I disagree with it and I personally believe we will look back on this day and rue the decision that's been made !!

But that's democracy, I thank the SNP for giving us this chance to vote on it, no one else would've !

lets just hope the NO voters hold Westminster accountable and they make sure all these new powers are bestowed upon us !

Im sure, the Tories and the house of lords will be falling over themselves to give us Devomax whilst keeping the Barnet formula ! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

jimmy. I for one don't think this is finished. im still confident independence is coming

Sadly not in your lifetime Valdas. Unless there was major unrest it won't happen. Scotland will continue to be devolved more powers (as with the rest of UK) but will still be under the umbrella of the union. We now have to make sure that the new powers to come weren't a hollow bribe!

im seeing now they were hollow bribes, reneged on already

Gary I genuinely believe that if these powers turn out to be false promises then there will be another referendum within the next 5-10 years. IMO the Union will be broken. 1.6million voices will be heard and I'm sure a large chunk of NO voters will rethink their stance

Gary I genuinely believe that if these powers turn out to be false promises then there will be another referendum within the next 5-10 years. IMO the Union will be broken. 1.6million voices will be heard and I'm sure a large chunk of NO voters will rethink their stance

Well I hope they have better answers rather than the shouting matches from both parties that they classed as debating this year useless both of them . One shouting left one shouting right not one person with facts or real answers. Whole thing was a sham and divided the country more than ever. You thought yes would win this time so your sure a large chunk of no voters will rethink their stance doesn't wash it was a comfterable win for no. That was with every tinker they could grab and whip into a frenzy voting yes as well