Fife Football Forum

Ballingry Rovers

Parlane

Thought I would stop the rumours once and for all.

Ballingry Rovers Junior Football Club as informed the league that they have folded as of this afternoon. The reason for this is due to the financial position they have been left in. The debt of tens of thousands going back several seasons to HMRC, Fife Council, Utility companies and Cowdenbeath Football Club. It has become unviable for the club to continue. The players, management and committee would like to thank all loyal supporters over the years.

very sad news have ballingry folded or are they going into abeyance james

dont want clubs disappearing but what james has written then its goodbye.remember chairman mackie saying to me at mitch,s testimonial anumber of years ago that he would take the club to superleague and he was right,but for ballingry to then be in this ridiculous situation for bragging rights...............not so long ago rosyth were folding with players leaving,no money etc but i returned to the club and helped them to stay in league and although the football was tough they are still here and progressing.could someone not have taken them(ballingry) on and maybe something resolved these situations.?

Debts of tens of thousands of pounds - that's unbelievable. Who's responsible for this?!! Has this all stemmed from the "Galacticos" era I mentioned previously? If so my sympathy has lessened but I do feel for the players and managers etc who all came in to the club since then with no clue to the extent of the situation the club was in.

Really sad day that this club where I had many happy times in my career has folded. With debts that big will they return?!!! As far as I was aware when I played it was a well run club. As someone also mentioned, players were looked after and it was a great place to play with a good squad of players, a hard working committee with local businessmen backing the club financially.

We obviously have a couple of posters on this thread who could confirm why it's only came out now and not during the summer "takeover" about the financial situation the club was in.

Hope all players find new clubs soon and good luck to them.

Stan

as much as I have no time for the current committee I honestly dont think they knew the full extent of the bills that were outstanding. I know from my short time there that allegedly the rates too the council for lease of the park hadnt been paid for a few years. There was also bills from gas/electric dating back a whilst. Seemingly there was money due to Cowdenbeath Fc for players loaned from previous seasons and also to Kinross High For astro turf hire. IF this was indeed the case why did the council and utility companies allow this too happen and not chase what they were due earlier.I know nothing about any HMRC bills which may of been the final straw. I think the club had come too payment plans with most of there creditors that was manageable but if HMRC were involved and taking into account the alleged huge wages from previous years the tax bill would be huge.

May I add thats what I was aware of whilst I was there but maybe members of the current/previous committees would know better than me.

Edited by Bibby

Stan

as much as I have no time for the current committee I honestly dont think they knew the full extent of the bills that were outstanding. I know from my short time there that allegedly the rates too the council for lease of the park hadnt been paid for a few years. There was also bills from gas/electric dating back a whilst. Seemingly there was money due to Cowdenbeath Fc for players loaned from previous seasons and also to Kinross High For astro turf hire. IF this was indeed the case why did the council and utility companies allow this too happen and not chase what they were due earlier.I know nothing about any HMRC bills which may of been the final straw. I think the club had come too payment plans with most of there creditors that was manageable but if HMRC were involved and taking into account the alleged huge wages from previous years the tax bill would be huge.

May I add thats what I was aware of whilst I was there but maybe members of the current/previous committees would know better than me.

Cheers to you and Victor Meldrew for providing some sort of insight. As you say can't believe power companies, local authorities and so on left it as long to chase the debt.

And also it would appear a "Craig Whyte" happened re: the PAYE that was due to HMRC. Thats definitely a criminal offence and someone will end up paying one way or another for that. As said PAYE during the 2012/13 season would have been enormous and if this was being deducted from players wages and not paid to HMRC then those involved or the individual responsible for writing the cheque knew this.

So it would appear that Brucie and co have been hoodwinked into taking over the running of the club eh?

Sad day in Junior Football.