Fife Football Forum

Ballingry Rovers

Parlane

Sad sad news and terrible for the local community that such a club would just fold like that !!!

Surely they could have sold all the players of value, payed off debts and signed local ammie players to keep the team alive !!

Yes, they would spiral down the leagues but surely that was a better option than closing the doors.?

If the current regime didn't want to do that then surely some other local people would've got involved.

Also, its seems very sudden/harsh just to be throwing all the gear, belongings etc in the skip so quickly ?????

Surely the club can be started again as an amateur outfit down the line and this equipment would come in handy !!

People need to take a bit of a time out here.... Reality is a club with a history (including when they were armies) has just folded, yet people on here turn it in to a heated debate about who's due that & who paid what.

Yes a "sugar daddy" came in a few years ago and paid out some ridiculous cash..... but ask yourselves this !!! If the club that you were connected with got approached with the promise of some serious cash that could lead to success would you knock it back ???? (forget the hindsight)

I for one am saddened for the players that are there just now & for the genuine committee members that had the club at heart.

Ballingry, Lochore, Kelty etc have had a great tradition over the years, mining communities and villages like this deserve a good solid team & could do without people slagging it off. Yes it's a public forum, but there is no need to then turn your comments into tongue in cheek attacks to individuals.

I hope that Ballingry come back soon & are built on solid foundations of a strong local committee with a long term plan, not a short term fix.

It's a sign of the times am afraid ..... All local junior teams are struggling financially.... The fact you have greedy players...... No Fife league.....club committees winning there own tote...no one going through the gates as the local derbies aren't there anymore..... I agree that ballingry should have cut there cloth and to keep the club alive they could have raided a lot of amateur clubs.....sure results would have declined and relegation stared them in the face but what really matters the club would still be going .... To many ego,s we're going to be lost that's the bottom line.. Shame that it has to come to this but this was being predicted a few years ago so not really surprising.......

It's a sign of the times am afraid ..... All local junior teams are struggling financially.... The fact you have greedy players...... No Fife league.....club committees winning there own tote...no one going through the gates as the local derbies aren't there anymore..... I agree that ballingry should have cut there cloth and to keep the club alive they could have raided a lot of amateur clubs.....sure results would have declined and relegation stared them in the face but what really matters the club would still be going .... To many ego,s we're going to be lost that's the bottom line.. Shame that it has to come to this but this was being predicted a few years ago so not really surprising......

100%true well written

It's a sign of the times am afraid ..... All local junior teams are struggling financially.... The fact you have greedy players...... No Fife league.....club committees winning there own tote...no one going through the gates as the local derbies aren't there anymore..... I agree that ballingry should have cut there cloth and to keep the club alive they could have raided a lot of amateur clubs.....sure results would have declined and relegation stared them in the face but what really matters the club would still be going .... To many ego,s we're going to be lost that's the bottom line.. Shame that it has to come to this but this was being predicted a few years ago so not really surprising......

100%true well written

sorry i will rephrase that 80%true

See if some of the poters on this subject went too ore park an watched every Saturday then they would've had a chance of surviving

Horrible to see any club fold, but one I was part of for 4 seasons is horrible and hard to take, sad times for football in the area, but with the way junior football is these days ballingry won't be the last to fold

Edited by craw1

Hopefully this is my last post on this.

Just late this afternoon I spoke with a source within the club. He is totally pissed off and embarrassed on how this has developed. The unbelievable hard facts of all this is. Ballingry Rovers over the space of a season have running costs of tens of thousands of pounds, same as any super league team. This is what the fake sheik is classing as debt. His intentions were to do a Michael Knighton bringing in sponsors to pay the way while he would be chairman. Disaster struck when previous sponsors wouldn't make the same kind of donation to the club. The source made it clear Ballingry Rovers had very little debt but had high running costs that were covered by the previous committee. None of the creditors has closed the club, the fake sheik was simply out of his depth.

Still a sad time but I had to agree with source same as what's been said on here. Why didn't they offer the reins to some others? The club could have still been viable. Sell players and other assets, bring in amateurs and let the club find its level.

Just late this afternoon I spoke with a source within the club. He is totally pissed off and embarrassed on how this has developed. The unbelievable hard facts of all this is. Ballingry Rovers over the space of a season have running costs of tens of thousands of pounds, same as any super league team. This is what the fake sheik is classing as debt. His intentions were to do a Michael Knighton bringing in sponsors to pay the way while he would be chairman. Disaster struck when previous sponsors wouldn't make the same kind of donation to the club. The source made it clear Ballingry Rovers had very little debt but had high running costs that were covered by the previous committee. None of the creditors has closed the club, the fake sheik was simply out of his depth.

Still a sad time but I had to agree with source same as what's been said on here. Why didn't they offer the reins to some others? The club could have still been viable. Sell players and other assets, bring in amateurs and let the club find its level.

why should i pay players tax dating back to 2010 when i was not at the club and had been deducted by the last regime and pocketed if you only knew in fact come to the club on thursday night and you will see all the paper work as it will be on display tax sitting at 11k not 6k you know fuk all along with your source so all will see on thursday or are you just gonna stay faceless by the way so get a life away from computer screen :chillpill::crazy::headbang::moon:

why should i pay players tax dating back to 2010 when i was not at the club and had been deducted by the last regime and pocketed if you only knew in fact come to the club on thursday night and you will see all the paper work as it will be on display tax sitting at 11k not 6k you know fuk all along with your source so all will see on thursday or are you just gonna stay faceless by the way so get a life away from computer screen :chillpill::crazy::headbang::moon:

by the way faceless the club would have been closed in may this year if i never came in as there was no else cumin in what you gone say about that all the dept would been dead and no count would have found out and use all would have been happy as a pig in shit