Fife Football Forum

***fife Under 21S League***

SteveC

Tonight, the clubs present at the meeting have decided to proceed with an Under 21s League in Fife.

There are 6 definite starters and awaiting for two more responses. We are hoping the fact that this WILL go ahead, more Junior and Amateur clubs will be interested and join the ranks.

The teams committed are

Aberdour

Dundonald Bluebell

Rosyth FC

Jeanfield Swifts

Kennoway Star Hearts

Kelty Hearts

Registrations will now be taken for interested clubs and they can do so firstly by registering online with the SYFA. Once registered players can be signed. These games will be played on Sundays at 2pm allowing the delayed transfer rule to help all concerned.

The more teams involved the better for Fife Football as a whole.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by SteveC

Rosyth , Kelty, Dundonald,Jeanfield and kennoway juniors are putting teams in Mariner and looking at it as feeder teams for the future . To me its a great opportunity to have a fife league again that will fill the gap from 19s to juniors or amateurs . lets get more teams involved as there are plenty of talent out there that might get lost to the game.

Edited by number4

I probably exaggerated with all, but the U21's, U19's, U14's are all in Edinburgh and the U19's were U17's that played in Edinburgh last year so they won't move to Fife imo. Think at the younger age groups the best 04's, 05's, 06's, 07's and 08's all play in Edinburgh too.

Think the U21 league is a good idea for fife, especially if it keeps boys playing together longer and allows boys to help out junior, could be a good pathway.

I wouldn't have thought so, most of the Swifts are eligible for another year at U19's I thought as are Hutchie so doubt they'd move up to U21's when both will probably do really well next year at U19s. Hutchie don't have an U21 side at present so maybe they are trying to get this?

I wouldn't have thought so, most of the Swifts are eligible for another year at U19's I thought as are Hutchie so doubt they'd move up to U21's when both will probably do really well next year at U19s. Hutchie don't have an U21 side at present so maybe they are trying to get this?

Was told this by the 19s goalkeeper mate