Fife Football Forum

Results

Jaz ive played in all levels off football and I'm telling you there is nowhere near the gap that used to exist between sunday welfare and sat ams to where we are today. Teams like brig have good few denbeath lads, ourselfs have few from ylum, brucefield, from civil, rosyth from rosyth sats, lochore from fossoway and I could go on. Add to that there's a lot more youth around on a Sunday compared to the auld pub league tag, I think the difference is minimal until you get to the top end of both leagues. I've been part of and watched many sunday sides beat Saturday opposition pre season.

Mate was a good game likes 1 bad tackle whole game but big boy only had eyes on the ball looked and sounded really bad look forward to this Sunday

It did look a bad tackle but like you I think it was a genuine challenge for the ball but sounded horrendous with the crack that come of the boys shin guard. Was happy to see the boy get back on his feet after it to be fair. We are not daft, the league does not lie we know how good a team the brig are, I just hope it's another decent game as I thought the weekend was.

Baz. I agree with you. Having played most levels of football over 40 years I have to agree that the gap between Saturday and Sunday teams is getting closer. I think the standard was better at Saturday level 20 years ago than nowadays. Sunday league is no longer a pub league with players playing both days. It was always going to get better.

Baz. I agree with you. Having played most levels of football over 40 years I have to agree that the gap between Saturday and Sunday teams is getting closer. I think the standard was better at Saturday level 20 years ago than nowadays. Sunday league is no longer a pub league with players playing both days. It was always going to get better.

Is it getting closer because standards of sunday teams have improved or because there's less people playing football now...and there's a higher cross over of boys playing both saturday and sunday? If you look at Saturday/Sunday leagues the most obvious fact is that the amount of registered teams in fife has dropped significantly.

Think if you take a look in general throughout scotland the amount ov teams is dropping. There's teams folding every year and most new teams don't last longer then a few years at most as people think it's just a matter ov raising enough to enter a team and just turning up. Far more goes into building a club and it doesn't happen overnight.