Fife Football Forum

Approaching Amateur Footballers

mgm

What's the correct way for a Junior club to approach players from amateur leagues.

We have a player who has been at us for 5 years who has asked to be released so this Junior club can sign him. Yes we are an amateur club but losing this player will weaken our team. Nobody from this junior club has approached us

Edited by mgm

Is the amateur club no entitled to money from a junior club if they sign there players?

Apparently so Bomber. Some clubs I've spoken to have received match balls as well. In this case though he's been approached via a player/committee/sponsor and has been training and played in a friendly on Saturday. All I'm trying to do is put our club first.

most junior clbs in our area dont give a fvck about the rules.

the decent thing is to speak to the club before approaching a player.

imo only kelty,dundonald and the haws are worth signing for

Edited by valdas

He did & has asked to b released from both Rosyth clubs , poor from a junior club not even contacting clubs ! Meant to be semi pro clubs & apparently offered him few hundred to sign if I'm correct . Boy should b playing at decent level , but surely courtesy to contact other clubs

He did & has asked to b released from both Rosyth clubs , poor from a junior club not even contacting clubs ! Meant to be semi pro clubs & apparently offered him few hundred to sign if I'm correct . Boy should b playing at decent level , but surely courtesy to contact other clubs

A few hundred ?? He will get more at ams lol.

A lot of it comes down to whoever the management is at the club in question. Last season Newburgh handled themselves impeccably when Nics was the gaffer. They approached us for permission to speak with a player then when he signed they paid us a three figure sum. If only all clubs and management were the same!

Aye it is courteous to drop you a bell mate, a lot do but you'll find that some of the ones shopping in same shop for players don't

Name and shame them, they should be giving your club a fee for the boy

hard neck joe :whistling:

Edited by valdas