Fife Football Forum

Condition Of Pitches

wasnt going to comment about pitches but just would like you to know that the £500 you pay per season includes your changing facility. so every game say 3 hrs use of pavilion per game park keepers wages for these 3 hrs mind he got to clean up after everyone left as well so being kind saying 3 hrs. how many home games per season say 20. minimum of 16 players per squad. so £500 divided by 20 games divided by 16 players =£1.56 per player per game. and you think the council over charge. doesnt even go near paying park keepers wages. and you get park cut lined and this week all glenrothes pitches been verti drained. i can tell you now if councillors had there way this cost would be much higher as council running at a loss on pitches. i wouldnt go shouting about it to much or you might get a shock in coming seasons SORRY BUT THATS THE FACTS.

You forgetting that referees have to get paid, strips have to get washed league fees insurance etc. all I asked is how can the council charge £500 plus a season for a club to maintain a park and for an attendant to open and clean a pavilion, plus the attendant had more than one facility to open and make secure!!the park is not being maintained and the goal posts arent up to a standard to hold a net lup. Told u I have looked into it, the council do not own the land at Leslie as it is common good land, the fee we are charged are for the maintenance of the park and for the rent of the pavilion on match days. The park until this week hasn't been maintained as it hadn't been looked at apart from being lined for months, and that is a fact.

If we had the option and the money we would maintain it ourselves but at the moment we are not in that position plus we would still have to pay the council money for us to gain access for changing facilities. We have floodlights on a grass area at Leslie but for the winter period they were charging £500 for us to use the floodlights for training, this included the pavilion , we said we didn't need the pavilion on training nights but was told it comes as a package,so instead of them making some money they make nothing!!!

We have 2 teams using the same park. So effectively the council are getting double the money they should be getting for this park. We maintain the changing rooms ourself and clean them out after every game. If we report something like the toilets aren't flushing we get some amount of stick for reporting the problem. However if we phone and book the park at the right times they do cut and line the park for us.

Edited by Baz_bruce

The council also has to pay for electricity/ gas used in pavilions plus any repairs that need done, don't think £500 will cover that

with several clubs paying £500 for the same facilities I am sure this is more than enough .