KIrkcaldy Rovers

St Andrews Amateurs

Glenrothes Athletic

Kinross Colts (formerly Portmoak)

Kelty Hearts

Kirkland Villa

AM Soccer Reserves

Kinglassie

My understanding is that they couldn't relegate another team from the top division so they had to make it 11 teams. Another thing is that with AM Soccer having 2 teams it means that there players can play for both sides as they are registered as one side, which in my opinion gives them an unfair advantage. Think the league have taken into consideration the amount of games that teams were playing at the end of the season if they were doing well in cups which meant teams playing 3 times a week. Can't please everybody though so just have to get on with it

because 2 teams had to get promoted as that what leaguue rules state that 2 must get relegated and with inverkiething pulling out after last years agm 2 still had to get relegated leaving 9 in top league. wasnt at agm so not heard if there was much debate but would presume there would be. our rep was told to vote for 2 leagues.

It was openly discussed with a breakdown of how many playing days being calculated and how the Assoc can be run

The 2 leagues was proposed and keep all the cups which was a no go due to the amount of fixtures and as stated before some stipulations in the constitution

What ever is chosen it won't suit all and as for teams folding..... well I would imagine we'll deal with that if it happens

Edited by Mariner

We would have liked 2 leagues as well but I can see where the league is coming from regarding fixtures. Some say start the season earlier but if we get a bad winter it could mean 3 months of no games and still finishing in June. Financially it might help teams as less money having to be spent on refs, washing of kits etc.

If they are keeping all the cups why not go with the 2 bigger leagues and even make some cups consolation cups at the end of the season. Just think a league with 9 teams is a joke. Surely a MINIMUM of 10 teams per league.

We would have liked 2 leagues as well but I can see where the league is coming from regarding fixtures. Some say start the season earlier but if we get a bad winter it could mean 3 months of no games and still finishing in June. Financially it might help teams as less money having to be spent on refs, washing of kits etc.

And what if we get a decent winter and the season is over by February? Hardly enticing for a sponsor the thought of putting money into a team that may only be back 8 times.