Fife Football Forum

Amalgamation ?

ya cant

There are always going to be differing opinions especially on here when guys can hide behind a user name. I am neither for nor against amalgamation of the associations but lets see what comes from the meeting on Monday. The clubs that are part of the FAFA have solcace in the fact that due to the number of clubs in the association things can continue regardless so there is nothing to lose by listening to ideas.

Berti

You dont belong on here pal .. you talk far too much sense

Its bad when mods are deleting posts because they dont suit one persons agenda ....there was no discrimaty remarks just a few home truths .....

I am not certain that the post was deleted. It is possible that a user clicked on "report" accidentally thinking it was reply. This temporarily removes the post while we moderate it.

A know who it was jimmy ... maybe ye need to ask why hes deleting posts in the first place .... a mods job is to monitor posts not delete cause someone gets the better of ye

from the man that's had more bans than anyone on the forum ,get a grip min

Hahaha ye had yer baws felt pal .... stop deleting posts cause someone gets the better of ye lol

naebody gets the better off me pal , especially some has been ,who lives off his past ,Alan Elder told me that ,maybe you and him should get together and chug over auld times ,by the way he is my neebur Lol

Hahaha .. elders a gid kant and was the best player in fife if you listen to him lol

Defo a gid kant,one of the best , I drink with him every Saturday in eddys ,you should come down one night and we can make a kant oot of ye lol

There are always going to be differing opinions especially on here when guys can hide behind a user name. I am neither for nor against amalgamation of the associations but lets see what comes from the meeting on Monday. The clubs that are part of the FAFA have solcace in the fact that due to the number of clubs in the association things can continue regardless so there is nothing to lose by listening to ideas.

Berti

You dont belong on here pal .. you talk far too much sense

Pete

You don't belong on here pal you talk too much pish

Exactly we have to move forward but who has been holding Fife Ams football back for the last 5 years?? Again we all know the answer as I have been told there has been various talks between the 2 associations, only now because the Kingdom league is going down the tubes they suddenly want what's best for fife ams football!! Deluded if you ask me.👍

Everybody getting the chance to put there view across at the arranged meeting on Monday... we can talk about it it on here all day, but let's look at present and moving forward, not who been holding who back, let's just get together and make it work!!

I agree Mcginity as I have said I want the 2 leagues to join. The point I'm getting at is why has it taken the Kingdom league sides so long to try and make it happen, everything was fine with them when they were in their bubble and couldn't be touched but now because they have no choice they want to arrange a special meeting and put fife football first. All I asked is if the Kingdom was still going strong would they have approached FAFA? The answer to that is no, but they also know that if they don't get their new league they will have no option but to join the bottom league of FAFA as the Kingdom league had lost all credibility and will not be able to attract any kind of lucrative sponsorship.

I agree Mcginity as I have said I want the 2 leagues to join. The point I'm getting at is why has it taken the Kingdom league sides so long to try and make it happen, everything was fine with them when they were in their bubble and couldn't be touched but now because they have no choice they want to arrange a special meeting and put fife football first. All I asked is if the Kingdom was still going strong would they have approached FAFA? The answer to that is no, but they also know that if they don't get their new league they will have no option but to join the bottom league of FAFA as the Kingdom league had lost all credibility and will not be able to attract any kind of lucrative sponsorship.

At the moment there is no reason for all the Kingdom clubs to join FAFA in the bottom league. A merger of the 2 Associations would see Kingdom clubs being slotted into one of the leagues best suited to their position in their current league.

If anyone is unhappy about where there are then prove it and win promotion at the end of the season. It would only take a couple of seasons to have all the clubs in the correct league.

This was why we agreed last time to a 9:3 top league, just to make the merger happen and accepting it would only be a couple of seasons to sort it out. We knew some clubs were in the wrong league but just wanted the merger to happen to finally put the whole thing to bed.

Some Kingdom clubs would have to accept this position this time but a merger is the best way to move Fife football on. It puts the top clubs in the top league.

I've no idea why it's taken so long bud, I can only think that most clubs were hoping committee would do the right thing over the last few years that this has been spoken about....

Someone has now got a few clubs together a taken matters into there own hands, hindsight someone probably should have done this a few years ago, but they didn't, but fair play to the guys that have taken matters into there own hands, you could argue that if the FAFA had best interest at heart seeing kingdom has lost its "credibility" why not invite kingdom teams to join... anyway I'm not getting involved in that! I just see a great opportunity for Fife football to be up there with the best and most attractive in the central Scotland! That's all I'm interested in! Not any tit for tat about leagues and committees! 👍🏻

I've no idea why it's taken so long bud, I can only think that most clubs were hoping committee would do the right thing over the last few years that this has been spoken about....

Someone has now got a few clubs together a taken matters into there own hands, hindsight someone probably should have done this a few years ago, but they didn't, but fair play to the guys that have taken matters into there own hands, you could argue that if the FAFA had best interest at heart seeing kingdom has lost its "credibility" why not invite kingdom teams to join... anyway I'm not getting involved in that! I just see a great opportunity for Fife football to be up there with the best and most attractive in the central Scotland! That's all I'm interested in! Not any tit for tat about leagues and committees!

Hi McGinty,

If FAFA had approached Kingdom Clubs to join FAFA , they would have been reported to the Scottish by Kingdom Committee for poaching /tapping up teams,so that's why they haven't approached teams off their own back , hope this clears this up bud

cheers

I don't have the answer Ya can't but obviously you do so step forward and join the committee of the new set up if it goes ahead. Show us all the way forward and how things should be run properly .

I put a letter in last year to both associations pal and it never even got a 2nder at the meetings when read out ... al agree with you on one thing that the kingdom league knocked back amalgamation 3 years ago because of reasons which had nothing to do with football and if you want to know why pm me and al tell you why? I personally would like both leagues to merge but and a big but you need the right people at the top table

At the moment there is no reason for all the Kingdom clubs to join FAFA in the bottom league. A merger of the 2 Associations would see Kingdom clubs being slotted into one of the leagues best suited to their position in their current league.

If anyone is unhappy about where there are then prove it and win promotion at the end of the season. It would only take a couple of seasons to have all the clubs in the correct league.

This was why we agreed last time to a 9:3 top league, just to make the merger happen and accepting it would only be a couple of seasons to sort it out. We knew some clubs were in the wrong league but just wanted the merger to happen to finally put the whole thing to bed.

Some Kingdom clubs would have to accept this position this time but a merger is the best way to move Fife football on. It puts the top clubs in the top league.

Why last year when a proposal was put forward at your meeting it wasnt even read out to the clubs ?