Fife Football Forum

Amalgamation ?

ya cant

By the way ... am sick hearing that kingdom clubs only want it now cause they are on there knees .... there was proposals put into both associations last season and never even got byy the meetings as i was told cause i wasnt a member of a club that i couldnt put a proposal forward ... now we have the clubs doing it as they recognise an opportunity to move the game forward in fife without committees of both associations putting a block on it at there meetings ....

Surely we can't beat kingdom clubs with a stick because of what has happened in the past with their committee. The kingdom clubs have identified issues and raised their concerns and want to do something about it. Mondays meeting is a positive step and let's treat it like that.

FFS man my van is gonna be jumping on Monday night. I've already sold out of bitter pills on pre orders alone.

The reason it has taken until now is fairly simple I have only been attending league meetings this season and therefore been in a position to have my point of view heard.

I don't care what has gone on in the past I was not involved at that time.

So remove all the negativity and forget the past.

The Kingdom league is on its knees, that's why the clubs from FAFA have been approached, everybody can see that, and that's why the clubs in Kingdom have set this up . If nothing happens then I predict the Kingdom league will last one more season and then it will fold . FAFA clubs hold all the aces just now and if they don't agree with any set up being proposed at this meeting then the Kingdom sides have a big decision to make

I agree Mcginity as I have said I want the 2 leagues to join. The point I'm getting at is why has it taken the Kingdom league sides so long to try and make it happen, everything was fine with them when they were in their bubble and couldn't be touched but now because they have no choice they want to arrange a special meeting and put fife football first. All I asked is if the Kingdom was still going strong would they have approached FAFA? The answer to that is no, but they also know that if they don't get their new league they will have no option but to join the bottom league of FAFA as the Kingdom league had lost all credibility and will not be able to attract any kind of lucrative sponsorship.

I've no idea why it's taken so long bud, I can only think that most clubs were hoping committee would do the right thing over the last few years that this has been spoken about....

Someone has now got a few clubs together a taken matters into there own hands, hindsight someone probably should have done this a few years ago, but they didn't, but fair play to the guys that have taken matters into there own hands, you could argue that if the FAFA had best interest at heart seeing kingdom has lost its "credibility" why not invite kingdom teams to join... anyway I'm not getting involved in that! I just see a great opportunity for Fife football to be up there with the best and most attractive in the central Scotland! That's all I'm interested in! Not any tit for tat about leagues and committees!

Hi McGinty,

If FAFA had approached Kingdom Clubs to join FAFA , they would have been reported to the Scottish by Kingdom Committee for poaching /tapping up teams,so that's why they haven't approached teams off their own back , hope this clears this up bud

cheers

Ok, no problem thanks for clearing that up, as I say I've no idea how it all work, what's the right and wrong regarding the best way forward and getting ball rolling!

It sounds like the way that it has been handled is the best way moving forward and keeps everyone out of trouble...

This meeting on Monday is fafa committee invited to it or is fafa going to hold a meeting and invite kingdom teams along.ya can't you say they need the right people at top table. Who in the committee are not the right people. Fafa committee don't have problems with there leagues so they must be doing something right. Kingdom committee have caused a few problems this season looking at your posts. Ps I want the leagues to join as football in Fife at the moment is a laughing stock.

As far as I'm led to believe no members for either committee were invited. FAFA will have a big say in any proposal because it has the most members. What will happen though if the new set up is agreed do the clubs from both associations have to resign from their current set ups and forward an application to join?

Fafa committee don't have problems dinnae talk pish min.. A know of at least 4 clubs that were leaving to join the kingdom league b4 the leven debacle n farce with the cup draws.. So both leagues have problems so let's get round the table on Monday night and sort it oot

I agree Mcginity as I have said I want the 2 leagues to join. The point I'm getting at is why has it taken the Kingdom league sides so long to try and make it happen, everything was fine with them when they were in their bubble and couldn't be touched but now because they have no choice they want to arrange a special meeting and put fife football first. All I asked is if the Kingdom was still going strong would they have approached FAFA? The answer to that is no, but they also know that if they don't get their new league they will have no option but to join the bottom league of FAFA as the Kingdom league had lost all credibility and will not be able to attract any kind of lucrative sponsorship.

At the moment there is no reason for all the Kingdom clubs to join FAFA in the bottom league. A merger of the 2 Associations would see Kingdom clubs being slotted into one of the leagues best suited to their position in their current league.

If anyone is unhappy about where there are then prove it and win promotion at the end of the season. It would only take a couple of seasons to have all the clubs in the correct league.

This was why we agreed last time to a 9:3 top league, just to make the merger happen and accepting it would only be a couple of seasons to sort it out. We knew some clubs were in the wrong league but just wanted the merger to happen to finally put the whole thing to bed.

Some Kingdom clubs would have to accept this position this time but a merger is the best way to move Fife football on. It puts the top clubs in the top league.

Thats assuming that the FAFA member clubs approve a merger surely

Hopefully the meeting on monday sees teams who are interested on reconstruction or mergers sees the bigger picture and gets a foundation up and running and teams go for it ...... too much bickering on what teams should be in this league and what teams should be in this league ..... maybe only 24 teams maybe the lot of the teams will go for it ... one thing i do know there has to be a change

This meeting is for clubs only if you are a club official and on the league committee you are attending to represent your club not your association.

After Monday night we can involve both associations if that is deemed the next step forward.

Everyone needs to attend with an open mind.

Could all teams that re going to attend the meeting of all amateur clubs this coming Monday 13thFeb 19.15pm at Warout Stadium, Glenrothes pleae confirm their attendance as requested in the email sent to all club secretaries late Monday evening.

Again I state this is not amalgamation this is for reconstruction of Fife Amateur football.

Currently All 11 Kingdom teams have confirmed.

Am soccer confirmed

St.Andrews Uni- to be kept informed unable to attend

This is for the clubs to have their chance

to voice their opinion.

Just spoke to our secretary, he says he never received an email either.