Fife Football Forum

Amalgamation ?

ya cant

Sir boss don't know why you've put my name in your post? But if you check back,when myself and mariner spoke about it earlier in the season I proposed 14,14 12, with,kettle,Valleyfield,east vale ,all folded having to go to bottom league,wasn't going to reply,but why use my name ? Looking for a bight

No difference to any teams in FAFA start of season you set out to be as high up league as you can playing to win league or be second for promotion everyone still playing for that. And you cant say you don't know what you playing for because if 3 teams pack in then leagues made up at AGM. Whats the difference. Nothing changing re promotion relegation still 2 up 2 down. When the leagues amalgamated the last time I think Kirkland won the east fife second division and still ended up in the fife second division and that was set up before season started.

You've surely had a good start to the season Jimmy Lol

We've been here before a few years back and I seem to remember we all had a lengthy debated at the general meeting with the decision from FAFA to give the Kingdom League a blank canvass with regards to the league make up and it wasn't entertained by the Kingdom League committee.

Before we talk about the make up of divisions and who starts in what league, is anyone willing to take the bull by the horns and attending a kingdom league meeting to get their thoughts on amalgamation?

We have 2 options. Option 1, we get agreement from the Kingdom committee to amalgamate and we sit down and decide what happens with who enters what division or, if the sticking point is the committee and their disapproval to change rather than the clubs, we approach all kingdom league teams and have them resign and apply to join the FAFA.

lol I would rather have a winter break than all this shiitee and okay in the summer

Who fcuking cares? This has been spoke about for years! It will be the kingdom league next season and fafa to make a of the leagues again!

Both are as bad as each other !

lol I would rather have a winter break than all this shiitee and okay in the summer

Who fcuking cares? This has been spoke about for years! It will be the kingdom league next season and fafa to make a ###### of the leagues again!

Quite a lot of people care actually, its better to come up with solutions and ideas rather than come out with this kind of stuff.

for anything to progress i think the negative mentality of one or other association holds the aces as to where teams are placed in new association is always going to stop amalgamation.this mentality is defo not pro active and creates a barrier between 2 associations at this moment in time.regardless of where any team are placed in any division with the the players they have and attract,they will find their place within 3 seasons,whether that be higher or lower in the league they play in.there are a lot of people in both associations who are pro active and want a merger to happen,for the good and future of fife football, so somebody get these people together to discuss.then the players can play football and put their clubs at the level they merit.

for anything to progress i think the negative mentality of one or other association holds the aces as to where teams are placed in new association is always going to stop amalgamation.this mentality is defo not pro active and creates a barrier between 2 associations at this moment in time.regardless of where any team are placed in any division with the the players they have and attract,they will find their place within 3 seasons,whether that be higher or lower in the league they play in.there are a lot of people in both associations who are pro active and want a merger to happen,for the good and future of fife football, so somebody get these people together to discuss.then the players can play football and put their clubs at the level they merit.

well said muff !

Who fcuking cares? This has been spoke about for years! It will be the kingdom league next season and fafa to make a ###### of the leagues again!

another negative post from you ... numpty

Lots of really positive ideas on this thread guys. No wanting to put a spanner in the works but we would need to genuinely have committed committee members who would want to work for a new amalgamated league committee and put aside all this " Ma league is better than yours" shite. Is anyone brave nough to say Aye I will work for the new committee. The guys on both committees at the moment do a great and thankless job so in no way do I intend to offend anyone. 👍

Ya cant ,if i am understanding your idea then it would be the same as the old sfl / spl set up? if it is then its proven to work and would be a step forward in my opinion. there are some issues with it and its not as good as full amalgamation but it would be better than what we have.

i would be concerned from a fafa point of view as all the fafa top teams would get into the kingdom and the bottom kingdom teams would go to fafa . The kingdom could break away again with all the top teams.

The best way i see to progress with this for someone(ya cant you could do this part) is to invite all fife teams to a meeting and let the teams decide there own future. Create a new set up from scratch.

Lots of really positive ideas on this thread guys. No wanting to put a spanner in the works but we would need to genuinely have committed committee members who would want to work for a new amalgamated league committee and put aside all this " Ma league is better than yours" shite. Is anyone brave nough to say Aye I will work for the new committee. The guys on both committees at the moment do a great and thankless job so in no way do I intend to offend anyone.

I would work in a new set up .

Ya cant ,if i am understanding your idea then it would be the same as the old sfl / spl set up? if it is then its proven to work and would be a step forward in my opinion. there are some issues with it and its not as good as full amalgamation but it would be better than what we have.

i would be concerned from a fafa point of view as all the fafa top teams would get into the kingdom and the bottom kingdom teams would go to fafa . The kingdom could break away again with all the top teams.

The best way i see to progress with this for someone(ya cant you could do this part) is to invite all fife teams to a meeting and let the teams decide there own future. Create a new set up from scratch.

Am not part of a team or association in legal terms so it would have to come from someone associated with a team or committee .... a dont see why they would breakaway although your quite right to ask these questions .... promotion and relegation would work imo but was only askin if feasible cause that way no team is losing out and cups still will be played for...... it sounds a bit exciting to me but it needs the right people around a table to get it sorted for season 2018/19

Any new teams would have to start in bottom league ...... it might not suit every team but if kingdom still have 11 teams left at end of season 2017-18 then i suggest 3 get relegated and 4 promoted to make a 12 team league and 14 in next league and 14 in bottom league ...... its only an idea that stops all the squabbling who should be in this league and that league