Fife Football Forum

Tonight's Egm

Shiekh

Only thing I was disappointed with tonight was not confirming how many teams in two top leagues. Forget what teams are in what league but laying out a firm amount of teams in top two should have happened. I.e 14-14-13

There will be new teams applying as such they would be placed in the bottom league.

Then the proposals could have been put forward of who goes where.

We have to have a min of 14 in top league it should be the flag bearer for our association.

Take that league add the Scottish, Fife cup (only cup which incorporates all leagues) and a league cup as the basis for top league.

Other two leagues the same but add in maybe a championship and 1st division cup against each other.

We have enough light at beginning of season to allow us to play Tuesday Thursdays Saturdays and the same at end of season.

This talk of clubs being exhaust is nonsense. Those who have many fixtures at the end of season are on a run to win cups/league that instills a desire from players to want to play and win and also is where good management in keeping a squad together comes in

If teams are struggling it's down to motivation and not having the depth of squad or having players with the correct attitude period.

If there is teams with less fixture pile up at end of season then maybe add a cup or a consolation cup for those at the bottom of leagues but don't look to downsize league just because of what could happen.

Also a committee member has to be appointed to look after the importance of getting the name of Fife football out there advertising new league name sponsors instead of just premiership

Get a sponsors name on it and the same with each division not the championship but the John Clark Championship.

Facebook, newspaper, website, team sheets. Sponsors seeing there brand everywhere will be more inclined to offer more money. Also these sponsors should provide the funds to purchase the medals at the end of the season.

Any money raised at finals, etc can be used to improve league set up, reduced club fees or simply to provide a extra incentive for clubs to achieve more.

Winners of cup can receive a small token towards club funds, league winners and runners up the same

It's all about getting the most out of sponsors and then giving back to those who work hard the players and the clubs.

Having all of Fife in the one set up would allow boys like Lydney Sharp at Am soccer push forward a proposal to bring together and elect a committee to start a Fife Select team allowing best players from Fife to represent our league also again raising awareness and publicity for league sponsors.

It will vastly improve our league quality and bring Fifefootball up there with the best leagues in Scotland with a representing continuously making top 8in Scottish each year

It's all about improving Fife Football for now and the future and only arrogance and pride will derail this from happening. I for one hope it doesn't as it's only a positive to allow out leagues to step forward into a new era for the better

As i said earlier .... there are boys on fafa that dont want kingdom teams in the premier league ... simple as that .... they know it will lessen there chances of winning the premier as its all right playing in a one off cup tie but over a season is a different story ...... surely you want to play and beat the best no put the best teams in the bottom league like what bertie is trying to do ........ sure a can see why boys in fafa are saying the kingdom .. let them die .. but if your a ffootball man then surely you strive to play and beat the best ........

There are obviously reasons why the Kingdom is dying whilst the FAFA is growing so perhaps rushing things through is not a good idea. It's likely that next season a majority of what was left in the Kingdom would apply to the FAFA anyway or face playing in the equivalent of a league cup.

just because something is done in 6 months dose not mean its "rushed" as you put it. why is 6 months rushed? whats your president to compare it with? A 6 month target get things moving and stops it getting stagnant IMO.

What benefit would anyone gain from putting it off and letting the kingdom "dye"? The kingdom teams would just apply to FAFA as you say then win 10-1 every week in the bottom league.

My interpretation of your comment is to:

• wait 1 and a half years until the all the kingdom teams apply
  • then wait a further 2-3 years on all the teams promoting through the divisions
thats 4 years minimum that is not required if you yous common sense and leave your "our association doesn't need yours" attitude at the door
Firstly it would be 4 months until an AGM so yes it's rushed. I'm neither for nor against amalgamation as I've said previously so perhaps I don't wear the rose tinted spectacles that others do. My point is that we (FAFA) sides don't need to commit to anything that doesn't fit well as we've got a strong organisation.

As i said earlier .... there are boys on fafa that dont want kingdom teams in the premier league ... simple as that .... they know it will lessen there chances of winning the premier as its all right playing in a one off cup tie but over a season is a different story ...... surely you want to play and beat the best no put the best teams in the bottom league like what bertie is trying to do ........ sure a can see why boys in fafa are saying ###### the kingdom .. let them die .. but if your a ffootball man then surely you strive to play and beat the best ........

Not about wanting or not wanting Kingdom teams in the top league, but the FAFA do not need to rush into anything.

I'm presuming it was in the best interest of Fife Football that the Kingdom rejected the proposals that were agreed 2 years ago?

Edited by Berti

There are obviously reasons why the Kingdom is dying whilst the FAFA is growing so perhaps rushing things through is not a good idea. It's likely that next season a majority of what was left in the Kingdom would apply to the FAFA anyway or face playing in the equivalent of a league cup.

just because something is done in 6 months dose not mean its "rushed" as you put it. why is 6 months rushed? whats your president to compare it with? A 6 month target get things moving and stops it getting stagnant IMO.

What benefit would anyone gain from putting it off and letting the kingdom "dye"? The kingdom teams would just apply to FAFA as you say then win 10-1 every week in the bottom league.

My interpretation of your comment is to:

• wait 1 and a half years until the all the kingdom teams apply
  • then wait a further 2-3 years on all the teams promoting through the divisions
thats 4 years minimum that is not required if you yous common sense and leave your "our association doesn't need yours" attitude at the door
Firstly it would be 4 months until an AGM so yes it's rushed. I'm neither for nor against amalgamation as I've said previously so perhaps I don't wear the rose tinted spectacles that others do. My point is that we (FAFA) sides don't need to commit to anything that doesn't fit well as we've got a strong organisation.

So much more could have been achieved tonight if the proposal I read out at the beginning had been considered.

The Kingdom clubs could transfer over to the FAFA and we rename the FAFA as agreed. The FAFA already has a working committee that the Kingdom executive can join. We have a perfectly good constitution and everything else in place to manage a large body of teams. Sponsors can transfer over if they want

The representatives from each club I would have thought they had the backing of their club to make decisions on their behalf so we could have discussed the leagues set up. the cups can be sorted by the extended executive depending on who agreed to sponsor them.

Changes to the new Association can be discussed during the first season and any changes can be proposed for the next AGM after the merger.

This way the joining together of the Associations is seamless and without issue to start season 17/18

Why re-invent something which has worked for years when all it might need was a slight tweak.

A lot of the suggestions for action A Fife select, a person or persons to promote the Association could all still happen during the season.

Transferring the clubs has a time limit when you can do this which is the end of this month. After that the only way to transfer 1 Assoc in to another I assume would be by special circumstances which the powers that be might allow.

Edited by BigL

So can someone actually say what progress was made ? Looks like reading the fafa committees mans post that he wants it rushed through this month so every club joins the current fafa set up ? Thats not what amalgamation is all about .... thats how it cant start next season which the fafa are trying to rush it through now ? Its not rocket science here lads ... your either for amalgamation or your not ..... dont waste peoples time and put out proposals which demands you join fafa set up then if other executive members want to join then they can ...... surely a committee has to be sorted just like the teams going into leagues ? It looks like to me that the fafa dont want amalgamation they want teams to join the bottom league and want to hold a gun at the heads of the kingdom clubs ...... thats not amalgamation as bertie says why did kingdom reject it two years ago .... think yer answers in my post ..... it still looks dead in the water to me as only one side wants amalgamation ...

So once again only boys saying it is dead in the water are two again who fail to attend the meeting. Berti is of the smallest minority of two or 3 who ain in a merger and ya cant ur a gobshite.

Everyteam last night agreed to merger

Also none has proposed what team goes where and infact tommy Doyle proposal was for a 12team top league split 6_6

No one is saying all Kingdom have to start in bottom.

Proposals are being put forward next week by both if u want to keep commenting turn up and listen.

Edited by wegiephill

So once again only boys saying it is dead in the water are two again who fail to attend the meeting. Berti is of the smallest minority of two or 3 who ain in a merger and ya cant ur a gobshite.

Everyteam last night agreed to merger

Also none has proposed what team goes where and infact tommy Doyle proposal was for a 12team top league split 6_6

No one is saying all Kingdom have to start in bottom.

Proposals are being put forward next week by both if u want to keep commenting turn up and listen.

So the committee man on here from fafa is telling lies ..... it looks like they tried to push through a proposal last night saying you only had till 28th of feb to accept ? Your saying they didnt propose this ? One thing am not is a gobshite as i think youll find a was part of a proposal last year but it never got by the both associations tables ..... think youll find am all for amalgamation and am not part of a team so i cant be going to meetings as i will be asked to leave ... just to stop all the pish about whos in what leagues just keep the premier as it is and put the 9 kingdom league clubs in the league below premier with a 4 doon and 4 up every season after ... simples

From what was read out last night at the start of the meeting was not a merger/reconstruction, it was again "accept all the Kingdom teams" and if you want, the Kingdom executive can join the FAFA executive.

In a new set up each and every position on the executive has to be voted on by the clubs.

I also agree with wegiephil's post. Has to be minimum 14 top league!

What I took away from meeting last night was that ALL clubs agreed on merger, ALL clubs agreed on name (Kingdom of Fife) and that only thing to agree was league structures.

Appreciate nothing is certain until a vote and sign off from SAFA, but got the impression ALL clubs represented last night were of the same opinion?

FFS min yer still awe arguing about a lot of nonsense , every club apart from Muchty, Kinglassie and Falkland were at the meeting last nite , and the proposal to merge was accepted by all clubs , FFs min ,give it a chance to happen , alot of positive vibes last nite

Surely if you were going to a meeting on amalgamation then there would be 2 or 3 proposals on the table and every member at the meeting would vote on the proposals to see what proposal was best for the new set up to get its feet on the ground and then and only then you get a committee who is committeed to go for the proposal that has been selected by all the member clubs as a way forward ?

FFS min yer still awe arguing about a lot of nonsense , every club apart from Muchty, Kinglassie and Falkland were at the meeting last nite , and the proposal to merge was accepted by all clubs , FFs min ,give it a chance to happen , alot of positive vibes last nite

why were they missing ? end of sirboss commenting on this subject then !!

As regards the meeting, some really good comments were discussed

I suppose in hindsight it could have been slightly better but we were all there apart from a few clubs

So in a nutshell yes there was a more of a suggestion put forward but it wasn't acted upon due to the fact that other proposals were going to be looked at which weren't put forward yet

What was agreed by all was:

Merger to happen

Naming of new Assoc

Formation of league set up to be 1st on the agenda

Both committees to communicate and meet up, along with bringing in some club reps to look at different ways we can make the merger more open and transparent and act up on all clubs requests/ideas

So what happens next???................clubs have been invited to send their proposals to their Assoc Sec who will make these visible to the other Assoc who in turn will do the same with theirs

In 1st week in March at each Assoc meeting these proposals will be discussed and voted upon, both Assoc committees meet up discuss and put forward 2/3 proposals at the next 'all in meeting' thus allowing a proposal to be accepted and put in place and that becomes the new league format voted on by all clubs

We can then move on to cups, sponsorship, etc etc so what we do is form this new Assoc one step at a time

I would imagine that a new committee will be voted in at the start of the new season as will local rules to be added to the constitution

Remember people are all entitled to their opinion and hey Rome wasn't built in a day and please lets be sensible with this and make the effort to continue progression but do it step by step and tick off the boxes as we complete them

There will be challenges but we need to look at solutions and if need be compromise for the good of all and yes some clubs may be disappointed but if things are voted in then so be it

Good to see new clubs coming on board..............whats that 44-45 clubs.....that's a decent amount we need to make sure we make sure we can fit in the games making sure clubs play decent amount of fixtures without burning them selves out.....remember it is amateur football

Remember the saying.......