Fife Football Forum

Proposals

Shiekh

I'm struggling to understand what benefit having another season to play for places in a new league set up will have? Surely every team sets out to win as many games as possible and finish as high up the league as they can? I find it hard to believe each team hasn't been doing that this season.

We have to take the leagues as they are come the end of the season and focus on voting through our clubs tonight the proposals we wish to carry to the executive meeting tomorrow night between both committees.

PREMIER

Auchtermuchty

Pittenweem

Denbeath

Methilhill

HOB

AM Soccer

Bayside

Rosyth

Aberdour

Leven

GPR

Bowhill

Strathmiglo

YLUM

Championship

Kingdom

Kirkcaldy

Fossoway

Kirkcaldy YMCA

St Monans

Burntisland

Fife Thistle

Rosebank

Leslie Hearts

Kinross

Cupar

Kinglassie

Glenrothes Strollers

Kirkland

1st Division

St Andrews Uni

Freuchie

Glenrothes

Falkland

Kelty

Kirkcaldy Rovers

AM Soccer Reserves

St Andrews

Glenrothes Athletic

Eastvale

Kennoway

Balgonie Scotia

Kinross Colts

Lomond

Basing on current league positions but IMO this is how the leagues should be set up. Clubs who have finished 1st and 2nd in their leagues must be promoted. Some teams are going to be left disappointed but you're not going to be able to keep everyone happy. FAFA should get the eight places in the Premier as they are the ones bringing the most to the table. Like it or not that's the truth

Edited - scrap that just noticed we have been added in through edit

Reading all these different proposals on here. Have these been submitted? All the proposals are in arent they and they will be the ones voted on. We need to wait and see what the outcome is and then take it from there. All this arguin about it isnt going to change anyhin. Some people will be happy with it. Some wont

Edited by Ed Hodge

Just dont get my point ......... yeah its great getting amalgamation but you cant tell a team with 3 games to go that its happening and if you dont make top 6 yer relegated .... this is going to effect about 7 clubs in total and all yous moan about is 2 clubs from the championship ....... and you go on about fairness ....... weell the two clubs who win promotion can go in a play off with the two clubs who come 7 th in each league .... remember its only for one season only ...... or alternatively the top 6 clubs from both leagues and the two promoted from championship go into top league after EVERY club has been giving a fair crack of the whip....... sure loads off guys just want it to happen ... you dont even have a committee yet ... sponsors... refs to sort out .. match secretary.. chairman... secretary... disciplinary ... constitution .... everyone thinks it will just happen overnight cause am sure there will be challenges for positions on the new committee and that has to be done fair on whos the best men/ woman for the job ........

Just dont get my point ......... yeah its great getting amalgamation but you cant tell a team with 3 games to go that its happening and if you dont make top 6 yer relegated .... this is going to effect about 7 clubs in total and all yous moan about is 2 clubs from the championship ....... and you go on about fairness ....... weell the two clubs who win promotion can go in a play off with the two clubs who come 7 th in each league .... remember its only for one season only ...... or alternatively the top 6 clubs from both leagues and the two promoted from championship go into top league after EVERY club has been giving a fair crack of the whip....... sure loads off guys just want it to happen ... you dont even have a committee yet ... sponsors... refs to sort out .. match secretary.. chairman... secretary... disciplinary ... constitution .... everyone thinks it will just happen overnight cause am sure there will be challenges for positions on the new committee and that has to be done fair on whos the best men/ woman for the job ........

I'm sure the "7 clubs" you mention here will voice their concerns (if they have any) to their committees and will also vote for the proposal submitted with this in mind. Could it possible be that they accept the majority want change and are happy to go with it?

Or you can scrap the whole fcuking lot 4/5 sides can go to the FAFA then the Kingdom can have a 7 team league. How about that?

The FAFA clubs DO NOT need the Kingdom league clubs. They have a strong competitive league and setup. But everyone is of the opinion that ALL Fife amateur clubs need to be under the one banner. You're the only person bumping your gums about an even split. It is an even split. Top six Kingdom clubs and top six Premier clubs. Four clubs from the FAFA Premier are effectively relegated and two places for clubs who have achieved promotion from the Championship. I don't understand where this is unfair from your point of view. If YLUM were sitting sixth with no chance of finishing any lower I don't think you'd be even putting up a fight here. Was only a few months ago you wanted YLUM to join the FAFA in the bottom division and work your way up the leagues.

But why should 4 clubs from the FAFA get relegated ! Surely thats not fair,The amalgamation should start the following season ,then clubs know what they are fighting for , not brought in halfway through a season ,when clubs think they are safe from relegation and concentrating on cups etc

But why should 4 clubs from the FAFA get relegated ! Surely thats not fair,The amalgamation should start the following season ,then clubs know what they are fighting for , not brought in halfway through a season ,when clubs think they are safe from relegation and concentrating on cups etc

With you on this Liggy. Dont get the mad rush to force it all through. If it is going to happen then the 2018/19 season is when it should happen that way teams know exactly where they stand and what they need to do.

I'm no saying it should happen next season. I think most are in agreement that it should start in 2018/2019 season. For this to work clubs will need to make sacrifices though. Clubs can either be effectively relegated or you can restructure it in a way that you keep the Premier Division and make a Super League with top 7 from FAFA and Kingdom. Promote the top clubs from Championship to Premier Division. Either way it's going to look like clubs are losing out in some shape or form.

I'm no saying it should happen next season. I think most are in agreement that it should start in 2018/2019 season. For this to work clubs will need to make sacrifices though. Clubs can either be effectively relegated or you can restructure it in a way that you keep the Premier Division and make a Super League with top 7 from FAFA and Kingdom. Promote the top clubs from Championship to Premier Division. Either way it's going to look like clubs are losing out in some shape or form

We can talk about this all day and night ,lets see what develops tomorrow at executives meeting

I would be interested to hear Kirkcaldy afc(Dysart) and kingdom AFC and fossoways view on this as if I was in there shoes I certainly would not be happy.for all we know they may well feel they are safe in the premier league and have turned there attention to cups only now to be told bottom 4 may well be going down.honestly feel this needs to be sorted out with a view to starting 2018-19 season.

Did the Kingdom league have a meeting last night?

FAFA one tonight and executive meeting on Wed to discuss the selection of proposals as agreed by both Associations in order to move We can all say who goes where and when etc but at the end of the day it's the one with the most votes that will become our set up which will take time to settle down

Then once we have this in place we can talk about cups, sponsors, amount of games, local rules to add to the SAFA constitution and then in summer vote for our new committee etc.......that's if it goes ahead in season 2017-18 which I hope it does......if not, who knows what will happen

Oh and by the way clubs do know what they're going for every season.......to do the best they can

We also have to look at the word fairness as well and people have said time and time again that there will be clubs who will be disappointed but its quite refreshing when some people come on here and say 'our club will accept where the vote puts us'

I have my own opinion on how the Divisions should be made up.......we shall see how the votes go

'On wards and upwards'

Edited by Mariner