Fife Football Forum

Proposals

Shiekh

I would be interested to hear Kirkcaldy afc(Dysart) and kingdom AFC and fossoways view on this as if I was in there shoes I certainly would not be happy.for all we know they may well feel they are safe in the premier league and have turned there attention to cups only now to be told bottom 4 may well be going down.honestly feel this needs to be sorted out with a view to starting 2018-19 season.

Methilhill aint safe either we have played more games. However the boys are under no illusions if we end up in bottom four its down to us not preforming. If we go down its because we weren't good enough to stay in the top division. The same argument will happen again next year if its put on hold.

Lets just stop kidding ourselves and get it done and move on. There is nearly 5months till new season don't tell me things cant be achieved and done in time because it can.

Just all about both committees working together to get it all in place then at the main egm those willing to stay put there name forward and we vote in a new committee for the new season.

Did the Kingdom league have a meeting last night?

FAFA one tonight and executive meeting on Wed to discuss the selection of proposals as agreed by both Associations in order to move We can all say who goes where and when etc but at the end of the day it's the one with the most votes that will become our set up which will take time to settle down

Then once we have this in place we can talk about cups, sponsors, amount of games, local rules to add to the SAFA constitution and then in summer vote for our new committee etc.......that's if it goes ahead in season 2017-18 which I hope it does......if not, who knows what will happen

Oh and by the way clubs do know what they're going for every season.......to do the best they can

We also have to look at the word fairness as well and people have said time and time again that there will be clubs who will be disappointed but its quite refreshing when some people come on here and say 'our club will accept where the vote puts us'

I have my own opinion on how the Divisions should be made up.......we shall see how the votes go

'On wards and upwards'

think youll find the kingdom doesnt have relegation so yer theory teams know what they are playing for is wrong. also al say again you cant bring in relegation with 3 games to go .......you keep say fairness ....well show yer hand on fairness and give every team a fair crack of the whip and go with 2 leagues of 10 next season , an a and an b league, top 6 qaulify for top league from both leagues and 2 teams who are promoted from championship ,

Edited by ya cant

In my opinion it should be changed for next season. People saying fairness and give it another year giving teams something to play for. I see no difference! If changed the season coming and your teams put in a division below next season, your target will be the same thing in getting into that top league! Can't please everyone so let's just get on with it!

Ya Cant what would happen to the Championship teams for that season then? As I said before will they just be playing for fun as they know they can't get promotion into the top league!! Where is the fairness and sporting integrity in that ??

a take it you cant read neeb......read it again ffs

I don't get the "Has to be following season, so teams know what they are playing for" argument. Surely every team has been trying from the start of this season to finish as high as they can? Does anyone really think if they knew about this proposal at the start of the season, their team would be any higher in the league at the moment?

And YC, why are you so for another season for the kingdom league? I'm pretty sure not that long ago you were all for Ylum going to FAFA as the Kingdom was a "joke"?

I don't get the "Has to be following season, so teams know what they are playing for" argument. Surely every team has been trying from the start of this season to finish as high as they can? Does anyone really think if they knew about this proposal at the start of the season, their team would be any higher in the league at the moment?

And YC, why are you so for another season for the kingdom league? I'm pretty sure not that long ago you were all for Ylum going to FAFA as the Kingdom was a "joke"?

You could also ask what's the rush? Take the time to get things right regarding sponsorship etc.

thats exactly the point am making , we still dont know if there is or there isnt going to be amalgamation so you cant tell teams what your playing for with 3 games to go ................its called sporting integrity.

6 from each association plus the 2 promoted Championship sides was the majority choice at the meeting tonight.

The majority has to be the way forward, makes perfect sense, well done guys! Hopefully you can all get together and get it pushed over the finishing line and move onto the next step, I hope for the good of Fife amateur football you can make it happen for next season!

To leave it another season is to long imo, a lot can change in one year in football, and not always for the better!!

6 from each association plus the 2 promoted Championship sides was the majority choice at the meeting tonight.

The majority has to be the way forward, makes perfect sense, well done guys! Hopefully you can all get together and get it pushed over the finishing line and move onto the next step, I hope for the good of Fife amateur football you can make it happen for next season!

To leave it another season is to long imo, a lot can change in one year in football, and not always for the better!!

So this is the proposal from the FAFA clubs as agreed last night????