Fife Football Forum

Junior League Reconstruction

nics

Meeting on Tuesday to reconstruct the junior leagues again The proposal is season 18/19 to do away with premier league and go back to a Tayside,fife and Lothian league.

League winner from each goes into super league,with second place from each league and 4th bottom from super league going into semi final playoffs.

Next season 2 teams are relegated out the super league.

Sounds a good idea for financial reasons but poor for football.Will teams be playing for nothing outside the super league next year?

Meeting on Tuesday to reconstruct the junior leagues again The proposal is season 18/19 to do away with premier league and go back to a Tayside,fife and Lothian league.

League winner from each goes into super league,with second place from each league and 4th bottom from super league going into semi final playoffs.

Next season 2 teams are relegated out the super league.

Sounds a good idea for financial reasons but poor for football.Will teams be playing for nothing outside the super league next year?

Read elsewhere that the lower leagues were actually going to be an North, Central and South leagues and that the Central league was actually going to include the likes of teams based near Perth and also Edinburgh United and Craigroyston.

Horrible idea imo. I get people think it would increase crowds but I'm not convinced. It wouldn't be a fife league, teams like Kelty, Haws and dundonald not in it, and as mentioned, craigroyston playing luncarty in a league game. Next season teams would be playing for nothing. Current setup obviously doesn't suit everyone but doubt any setup will ever please all clubs. Would be surprised if this gets voted in!

Victor I know the better teams would be in the top league but you have to think about the smaller clubs, financially they are getting crippled with the costs of travelling and dwindling crowds, you would get more spectators at a game if Lochore were playing lochgelly than a team from the Lothians or Tayside. Juniors need to get back to basics plus they would be able to attract better players as guys don't want to leave the house at 11 in the morning and not get home till 7 or 8 at night. As I said I think it would improve Fife junior football but that's only my view

It's all about opinions mate I agree. So do we do away with a premier league which is very competitive and replace it with 3 leagues of say 16 clubs, all fighting for 1 promotion Place? Is this really going to get crowds up? So many meaningless games in a season. I get your point about lochore, as I've said before, they are the most affected club in the region. However, would it be possible for them to request a move to south league where they could play Lochgelly, Oakley, rosyth etc...maybe wouldn't be allowed but certainly worth asking the question. I just feel it would be a shame to change a competitive set up for the sake of 5 or 6 clubs.

I just feel that since the change in the leagues it has affected people going to watch games. You will get more people going to watch if it's against s local rival than a team from a different region, Whstrver set up you will always get meaningless games and I'm sure clubs would rather play a meaningless game in their region than having to spend hundreds of pounds to play one in another region ,

I like the set up as it is as a coach as it gives you something to build towards but I must admit trying to attract players is difficult and inevetably scuppers your plans after 2 seasons as players move on.

As a player you couldn't get any better than playing in the old fife or Tayside league,better games and crowds,probably cause local boys were playing for the teams as there wasn't a"higher level/league"which were paying more.further afield.so players family's were coming to watch.

Am a right in saying if this reconstruction gets the go ahead to start in 2018-19 there will be no promotion up to the super league but two teams will be relegated down from super league or am a reading this wrong .....but but but

That's right Pedro.

• 8 months later...