Fife Football Forum

Cups

Jon, we had a look at Kingdom cups when thinking about league sizing. If you go here http://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/kingdomcaledonianafa/LeagueFixtures and change 'Match type:' to "Cup", then you get a drop-down list of them and you can see the format from the games.

I agree with reducing cups and going into the East of Scotland, but we need to make sure that we look after sponsors who've been willing to put money into amateur football in Fife, and I always think you should try to save named cups especially memorial ones.

There's some good ideas on some options in the huge (80+ teams) Aberdeenshire AFA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeenshire_Amateur_Football_Association). They "twin" their cups, with all teams knocked out in the first round of a major cup entering another. The Scottish Schools FA do this as well at U13 and U14 - all schools nationally that lose their first national shield game enter a plate draw. Aberdeenshire also have a prestige pre-season cup (the week before the season starts) between the last two league champions - we could maybe adapt that to the league champion v Fife Cup winner (but maybe the two association champions in the first season). This keeps a cup with no impact on the league program as the teams can just build this into their pre-season plans. I'm sure I saw somewhere on here a suggestion that there could be player trophies, which would also enable us to keep cups without increasing games.

Not sure berti but after the amalgamation it would be good to get rid of a few and look into taking part in the east of Scotland cup instead.

Think to do that the Fife cup would need to be reverted to an Local cup instead of a district cup but Hopfully clubs would go for it and Yous would be able to add to the East cup for next season.

You could have a fair play award for each division also many leagues I've been with had consolation cups ie a cup comp between the bottom 8 in each Division

I also think cup sponsors should pay for medals as part of the sponsorship deal