Fife Football Forum

Kingdom League End Of An Era

ya cant

dont think they will all dominate , kingdom already a 2 horse race.

Kingdom teams have dominated fafa teams this season. That's about it

freuchie { bottom of the championship } 3 falkland { the kingdom } 2 giruy ......

Glenrothes afc 2-3 Kinross Colts

Lol

Love how everyone has commented on us over the years in the kingdom league of how poor we have been. We should never have threw that game away being 2-0 but we did and I thought Kinross were half decent and good bunch of guys.We Made changes to give boys a run out and never worked out for us and gave sloppy goals away. But it's also hard to start winning games when you are used to getting beat every week. In hindsight we should never have joined the kingdom league we were an average FAFA team that made a few cup finals and bounced between bottom league and the middle league when we were in the fafa. I think our management team at the time thought moving to a better league would attract better players. And to be honest I think it discouraged boys as boys were reluctant to join a team that were always going to struggle in the kingdom league. I enjoyed playing against better teams in the kingdom but unfortunately not been much fun losing all the time. But we have always kept going and sometimes struggled to field a team but we have a good group of boys who are determined to make it a success. We have a new management team in place for next season and doing a lot of work off the park to try and improve all aspects of the club from players to fundraising etc. We look forward to the new challenge next season.

Sad to see that after this season the kingdom league will be no more ..... alot of great amateur teams played in this league and will be sad to see the end ..... hopefully it could end on a high with a scottish cup winners and fife cup winners trophy in the cabinets ........norton house and star hearts only winners of scottish cup from the kingdom league with norton house being by far the most succesful club from the kingdom ...... amalgamation had to happen as the kingdom league was losing teams year on year but its record speaks for itself in fife ....... sad to see it go but the teams who leave will dominate the new set up that i have no doubt ..... good luck to all the teams in the new set up

Star weren't in Kingdom league when they won Scottish were they? Sure they were in Kirkcaldy and District league.

there was no kingdom league when star won the scottish

Sad to see that after this season the kingdom league will be no more ..... alot of great amateur teams played in this league and will be sad to see the end ..... hopefully it could end on a high with a scottish cup winners and fife cup winners trophy in the cabinets ........norton house and star hearts only winners of scottish cup from the kingdom league with norton house being by far the most succesful club from the kingdom ...... amalgamation had to happen as the kingdom league was losing teams year on year but its record speaks for itself in fife ....... sad to see it go but the teams who leave will dominate the new set up that i have no doubt ..... good luck to all the teams in the new set up

Star weren't in Kingdom league when they won Scottish were they? Sure they were in Kirkcaldy and District league.

FAKE NEWS

star won the scottish cup season1974-75 long before the kingdom was up and running or crawling .

Season 1974-75 - you remember it well then, jiz jaz - was that when you got your bus pass, lol.

I have never understood why you seem to have a personal grudge against the Kingdom League, but you can't deny it has had an interesting 25 year (+) history, as detailed on the KC League website.

Hopefully, the new Kingdom of Fife AFA will go on to do similar. Enjoy your spectating, Mr Grieve Snr!

Edited by Landel Lass

Season 1974-75 - you remember it well then, jiz jaz - was that when you got your bus pass, lol.

I have never understood why you seem to have a personal grudge against the Kingdom League, but you can't deny it has had an interesting 25 year (+) history, as detailed on the KC League website.

Hopefully, the new Kingdom of Fife AFA will go on to do similar. Enjoy your spectating, Mr Grieve Snr!

i remember it well because the juvenile, junior and amatuer scottish cups all came to fife ..vintage year .

dont think they will all dominate , kingdom already a 2 horse race.

Kingdom teams have dominated fafa teams this season. That's about it

freuchie { bottom of the championship } 3 falkland { the kingdom } 2 giruy ......

Glenrothes afc 2-3 Kinross Colts

Lol

Love how everyone has commented on us over the years in the kingdom league of how poor we have been. We should never have threw that game away being 2-0 but we did and I thought Kinross were half decent and good bunch of guys.We Made changes to give boys a run out and never worked out for us and gave sloppy goals away. But it's also hard to start winning games when you are used to getting beat every week. In hindsight we should never have joined the kingdom league we were an average FAFA team that made a few cup finals and bounced between bottom league and the middle league when we were in the fafa. I think our management team at the time thought moving to a better league would attract better players. And to be honest I think it discouraged boys as boys were reluctant to join a team that were always going to struggle in the kingdom league. I enjoyed playing against better teams in the kingdom but unfortunately not been much fun losing all the time. But we have always kept going and sometimes struggled to field a team but we have a good group of boys who are determined to make it a success. We have a new management team in place for next season and doing a lot of work off the park to try and improve all aspects of the club from players to fundraising etc. We look forward to the new challenge next season.

credit where credits due>>watched the glenrothes -cupar game and at no point did they give up even after they were 4-0 down at HT they came out and played decent football and continued playing fair tackles without getting outplayed lost a few more goals but still pushed till the end and with a different ref scoreline would have been closer in my opinion> great bunch of lads too