Fife Football Forum

Kennoway Star Hearts

On 10/05/2018 at 0:06 PM, Hawhaw said:

Along at Star last night and heard a couple of interesting conversations regarding the Gay brothers. Apparently Dundonald are not the only club interested in them.

I’ve been told they will go to Glenrothes if Sean Simpson is appointed manager but also heard a wee rumour that Bibby may be about to leave the Haws and chances are that  they could end up there if rumours of his replacement are true. 

McCookies latest odds;

Dundonald Bluebell..............................4/7

Glenrothes...(with Simpy in charge) 11/10

H.O.B..( under the new management) 7/1

Kennoway Star Hearts.......................10/1 

Thornton Hibs ....................................20/1

Kelty.....................................................50/1

Glenrothes ( if Campbell’s manager) 100/1

On 20/05/2018 at 9:22 AM, Oak Lee said:

I’ve been told they will go to Glenrothes if Sean Simpson is appointed manager but also heard a wee rumour that Bibby may be about to leave the Haws and chances are that  they could end up there if rumours of his replacement are true. 

McCookies latest odds;

Whoever told you the Haws rumour is mischief making. I suspect both of them are waiting to see which league any team who may be interested will be participating in next season, and rightly so. Having said that I can guarantee you it won’t be the Glens if Willie Campbell is still in charge so you might want to add a zero to those odds.

37 minutes ago, Hawhaw said:

Might as well add 2 feckin zero’s then because according to the Glens Facebook page they are a point better off than last season and see that as progress.

Won yesterday so they’re now 4 points better off. It’s not progress on a grand scale equivalent to that of Kelty since they got shot of Newbiggin, Dundonald since the arrival of Halliday, Kennoway since they left ammies, Thornton since they won the North league, Oakley since the appointment of Foxy or even Crossgates since their return but when you consider the mess they were in under Cooper it’s a start. 

On 20/05/2018 at 9:22 AM, Oak Lee said:

McCookies latest odds;

:D:D

On 27/05/2018 at 11:37 AM, Weshallnotbemoved said:

Won yesterday so they’re now 4 points better off. It’s not progress on a grand scale equivalent to that of Kelty since they got shot of Newbiggin, Dundonald since the arrival of Halliday, Kennoway since they left ammies, Thornton since they won the North league, Oakley since the appointment of Foxy or even Crossgates since their return but when you consider the mess they were in under Cooper it’s a start. 

Is it any coincidence that the Glens without Cooper made some progress this season but Lochgelly who have been improving over the last couple of years have now gone backwards? I think not.

• 3 months later...

Just been told Craig Johnstone (Stoney) has stepped down from his post as manager of KSH. Don’t know the boy that well but I thought at the time of his appointment it was a brave move to take on such a huge responsibility. Always a gamble at a big ambitious club but credit to him for giving it a go. Team been rather unlucky recently losing most matches by just the odd goal, but we’re in a results driven business and I think he deserves the utmost respect for putting the club first. There’s enough deluded folk in the game who don’t give a flying fook about the fans and are content on losing games 6-0 

No sure I agree with that. I think it’s a knee jerk decision. Admittedly, being 4 points worse off than the poorest Glens team in their history is a cause for concern, but we are only 5 games into the season. Like I said in my previous post though got to admire him for putting the clubs best interest first. 

Glens loss could be Stars gain once again now though if they appoint Simpy as his replacement.

1 hour ago, Oak Lee said:

Glens loss could be Stars gain once again now though if they appoint Simpy as his replacement.

He’d certainly attract players and be beneficial to the social side of things but I suspect Kevin Byers will be their number one target. After that it’s difficult to predict what route their committee might take when you consider the length of time they’ve been in the juniors. They might prefer someone known to them with a bit more experience and maturity like Healy and Patsy or they may go down the road of clubs like Newburgh and Lochgelly and appoint someone who knows the amateur scene (You interested Bomber? :lol:

I’ve heard there was a fallout after the defeat to Whitburn at the weekend so who knows they might even have followed Coopers lead after “goalie gate” and already handed the job to the nearest useless c@nt who talks a good game

2 hours ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

They might prefer someone known to them with a bit more experience and maturity like Healy and Patsy 

More chance of it being Patsy Kensit and her 4th husband Jeremy Healy :lol::lol:

On a serious note, if they’re looking for someone on the cheap who knows the club and the amateur scene inside out, look no further than Bobby Bayne.

2 hours ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

I’ve heard there was a fallout after the defeat to Whitburn at the weekend so who knows they might even have followed Coopers lead after “goalie gate” and already handed the job to the nearest useless c@nt who talks a good game

Aw fer fooksake no Wullie Cunningham

• 3 weeks later...