Fife Football Forum

Lochgelly Albert

It’s not an official club cameraman. We played them recently and there was no video of our 3 goals. Just some self-absorbed waste of oxygen with a mobile phone who’s ego exceeds both his intelligence and his capacity to see beyond his own personal interests. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad to hear that the rumours of Lochgelly going into abeyance were unfounded. A statement posted on their Facebook reads;

“Our manager, Steve Kowbel resigned only a few months after joining the Club. Then despite contract extensions being offered to all players, many decided to leave.”

It’s been exactly a year since a certain person walked through the gates at Gardiners Park. The latest appointment is the third manager at Gardiners Park in the last 7 months and players are leaving in droves.

Very similar to what happened at Glenrothes and Lochgelly were well warned. The Cooper Curse continues.

I’m intrigued by the notion that the bloke in question has anything to do with the running of the club. He’s not a director, he isn’t on the committee, and beyond attending game makes no further contribution. He has not attempted to join the committee and has no input into any decisions made by the club. The reason Craig and more recently Stevie Kowbel left had nothing to do with any ‘curse’ and for the record players aren’t leaving in droves. Lochgelly lost a large number of players over the summer. Three were transferred to other clubs, and several left following the expiration of their contracts with a number of the younger players joining Kirkcaldy YM. Two or three others left or are taking time out due to work or family commitments. There are no hard feelings and the club wish all these players every success. There’s a new management team in place and some nine new players have signed with others in negotiation. It hasn’t been an easy time but none of the above has anything to do with someone who has no influence at committee level. You clearly have issues with the man in question and that’s your call. However, from a Lochgelly perspective any changes have nothing to do with a someone who has no more say in the club than any other supporter.

Edited by Bertie Wooster

10 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

for the record players aren’t leaving in droves. Lochgelly lost a large number of players over the summer. 

If you say that people are going somewhere or doing something in droves, you are emphasizing that there is a very large number of them.

So for the record the boy was correct.

You’ve said nothing about his involvement with running the club but the implication is that his asociation with Lochgelly Albert has something to do with managerial changes etc. It hasn’t.

For the record players could be described as having left in droves. Nobody is currently leaving and the club is actively recruiting additional players over and above those already signed. There were malicious rumours suggesting that the club was headed for a abeyance. This is certainly not the case and we are keen to highlight this.

I have no issue with either of you gentlemen and there’s clearly a past the details of which I’m unfamiliar with. However, recent changes at the Albert have nothing to do with the man in question. Cheers.

I think you are misinterpreting. For the record I have no issue whatsoever with Lochgelly Albert or anyone associated with the club.However , the more he refuses to apologise for his actions on this forum towards a very good friend of mine who is no longer with us the more I will continue to fight fire with fire. No matter where he is attending games. Unfortunately at the moment that is Gardner’s Park and you will just have to put up with all the “bad luck” you are having as he has indeed been cursed.