Fife Football Forum

Lochgelly Albert

On 8/4/2018 at 11:45 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

beyond attending game makes no further contribution. 

Not calling you a liar Bertie but I have it on good authority that he did indeed have a small part to play in the loan transfer of the boy King from the Glens. I’m also reliably informed he told someone preseason that his son was one of only half a dozen signed players. Sparking the rumours of the club going into abeyance. 

On 8/15/2018 at 7:59 PM, Oak Lee said:

Not calling you a liar Bertie but I have it on good authority that he did indeed have a small part to play in the loan transfer of the boy King from the Glens. I’m also reliably informed he told someone preseason that his son was one of only half a dozen signed players. Sparking the rumours of the club going into abeyance. 

Can’t comment on the loan transfer from the Glens. Stephen played in the friendly against the Haws when the Glens manager was in attendance. He also took a bad knock after coming on as a sub against Stoneyburn. He’ll be back in a few weeks and will be a good addition to the squad.

There were plenty of rumours about abeyance. At one point I think we had eight signed players and that included one who’s working in Ibiza, another who’s taking a year out, one who was freed, and one who’s given up football due to other commitments. We lost a few players during the season, three were transferred and others chose not to renew. It was never a secret. The website was up-to-date with numbers signed etc. From the outside it probably looked bad but we were always convinced we’d have a team. It’ll take a few weeks but I’m happy with the way things are shaping up.

Got to say I admire your honesty Bertie. So refreshing to see a representative using this forum in the proper manner. Keeping fans informed and promoting your club. You have certainly earned my respect. Unfortunately there’s a bad smell hanging around Gardiners Park at the moment who ruined it with his numerous accounts and self-gratification. However I’m confident your new manager will be quick to realise his son is nothing more than a poor mans Sean Simpson and he will soon be on his way to Denfield.

• 5 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Hawhaw said:

74D055A1-287B-4378-B231-6D16AE326969.gif

Hardly surprising after losing the best part of the squad last year. Decent enough performances against West Calder, Rosyth and Newburgh, costly mistakes against Stoneyburn, Kirkcaldy and Pumpherston. The Albert played well in the first half on Saturday and were unlucky to go in a goal behind. Second half a couple of errors killed the game. Simple as that really. Bearing in mind we had a handful of signed players a few weeks ago Im still positive. Clearly, it isn’t ideal but early days.

20 hours ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

Fourth in the league the day a curtain person walked through the gates. Just over a year and another couple of managers later and now rock bottom. Not one for blowing my own trumpet but I did predict this would happen in the first few posts of this thread.

We’ve been over this one and while I get where you’re coming from the guy really has nothing to do with the club (apart from attending matches). It hasn’t been a great start but more to do with losing soft goals than anything else. We’re still playing catch-up when it comes to fitness etc. Scored two goals on Saturday and shaded it for most of the first half. Capable of playing decent football but need to work on the lapses. 

On 9/17/2018 at 5:25 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

We’ve been over this one and while I get where you’re coming from the guy really has nothing to do with the club (apart from attending matches).  

Bertie, if you read through this thread I’m sure you’ll agree I’ve not had a bad word to say about your club. In fact I’ve tried really hard to not comment at all due to the fact I know Jock and all his family very well. There is not another chairman in the district who will make you feel more welcome at a game and away from football a more nicer man you can meet. What I don’t think you are understanding is that although this man only attends your matches he got himself into bother on this forum on more than one occasion with his childish mocking and goading of others. When the moderator who helped him identify individuals was exposed the forum was ruined. Glenrothes became a laughing stock and many innocent people have been threatened. Yes he’s stopped posting and no longer at the Glens but his refusal to come on here and apologise tells me he doesn’t give a monkeys about his own never mind the Berts family.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 3:06 PM, Oak Lee said:

Bertie, if you read through this thread I’m sure you’ll agree I’ve not had a bad word to say about your club. In fact I’ve tried really hard to not comment at all due to the fact I know Jock and all his family very well. There is not another chairman in the district who will make you feel more welcome at a game and away from football a more nicer man you can meet. What I don’t think you are understanding is that although this man only attends your matches he got himself into bother on this forum on more than one occasion with his childish mocking and goading of others. When the moderator who helped him identify individuals was exposed the forum was ruined. Glenrothes became a laughing stock and many innocent people have been threatened. Yes he’s stopped posting and no longer at the Glens but his refusal to come on here and apologise tells me he doesn’t give a monkeys about his own never mind the Berts family.

It’s no problem mate. Thanks for the comments on Jock. I’ve known him for years and he does an incredible amount of work for the club. As far as out committe goes we work hard, always try to do things by the book, and while things haven’t been easy over the past couple of seasons we had hoped we were making progress.

I’m not defending the  bloke in question. For the record, I don’t know him, have spoken to him a handful of times over the past couple of seasons, don’t know the background, and in all honesty he makes no difference to me either way.

My only concern is the Albert. When Stevie Kowbel left we were left short of players (as mentioned above). The new management team came in, did well to put a team on the park, but have decided to the move to the Glens. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but nobody at Lochgelly is throwing in the towel.