Fife Football Forum

Kfafa Inaugural Annual General Meeting

So you would want your club to shell out money on a game that had no bearing on what position the teams finished in the league and it didn't affect any other team in the league, it is also the middle of June, players,committees and managers have been working hard for around 10 months or so to keep clubs going, this is Amatuer football mate not professional football, clubs are struggling to make ends meet as it is, this level is meant to be about enjoyment. You come along to my club for a season where there is basically me and the players keeping it going week in week out, I've tried various ways to get people involved but it's always the same answer, don't have the time sorry. I pulled my team out of a cup because it would have cost us £500 to complete all games in it, we did have the money but I would rather have paid £500 towards our training facilities for the winter, if you think that's embarrassing then so be it, I would call it bring sensible and ensuring the club keeps going for at least another season

thats rediculous statement neeb, you just want to play when it suits you , never heard so much rubbish in my life. i know how hard it is to run a football team , 6 boys turning up to training , struggling to get 11 on the park but to turn round and say a fack it theres nothing to play for so lets just forfeit the games .....mental if every team done that

I never said teams want to play when they want to!! Common sense plays a part, tell you what if your not involved with any team come along to Leslie and be there every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for the season, wash the strips, organise the parks get in touch with the ref and the opposition, go to meetings and raise money so the club can survive. See if after 10 months of doing that at the end of the season if you have to play a game that doesn't affect any other team, and has nothing riding on it, and it's going to take money out of the coffers that might be able to get the club new training balls etc for the following season and you still want the game to go ahead then I take my hat off to you. Instead of coming on here and spouting off, like Jaz, get out and help a club. If your still involved with the Ylum then i bet they have a good few guys who can split these jobs up and good for them. Other clubs are in different situations so until you find out all the facts I wouldn't comment on how terrible it is that all fixtures are not completed

I never said teams want to play when they want to!! Common sense plays a part, tell you what if your not involved with any team come along to Leslie and be there every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for the season, wash the strips, organise the parks get in touch with the ref and the opposition, go to meetings and raise money so the club can survive. See if after 10 months of doing that at the end of the season if you have to play a game that doesn't affect any other team, and has nothing riding on it, and it's going to take money out of the coffers that might be able to get the club new training balls etc for the following season and you still want the game to go ahead then I take my hat off to you. Instead of coming on here and spouting off, like Jaz, get out and help a club. If your still involved with the Ylum then i bet they have a good few guys who can split these jobs up and good for them. Other clubs are in different situations so until you find out all the facts I wouldn't comment on how terrible it is that all fixtures are not completed

Take my hat off to you for keeping the club going but surely you have to fulfill all your fixtures ffs ... if every club done this when nothing at stake and pulling out of cups ? A don't see yer point neeb

The point is that pulling out of that cup we have managed to pay our league fees and get training equipment for this season. . The proposal was put to the club on the format of the cup in January, I asked the players what they wanted to do, we could have been playing Pittenweem on a Tuesday night away from home, I have players who work in Glasgow and Edinburgh and they would struggle to make it. I could have went up there and got hammered 9-0, would that help the club? I spoke to the committee of Rosebank who in the end got relegated and they told me that they wish that had done the same as us, as the games took the stuffing out of the players as they were getting beat in most of them. You have to look at the whole situation not just about what is said on here. So I take it you won't be coming along to give me s hand then?? 😂😂

And I'm not on here looking for a pat on the back and people saying well done,there are guys like Colin at Fife Thistle, Jimmy Leitch at Muchty( who I have had disagreements with) l😂😂, James at Kingdom, who have done a hell of a lot more than me in the Amateur game, as have most of the other managers and committees involved with clubs . As I said it's about looking after your clubs best interest and if it means not entering a cup so that the club can in the long term benefit from it then it's a no brainier in my eyes

Edited by LeslieHearts72

The point is that pulling out of that cup we have managed to pay our league fees and get training equipment for this season. . The proposal was put to the club on the format of the cup in January, I asked the players what they wanted to do, we could have been playing Pittenweem on a Tuesday night away from home, I have players who work in Glasgow and Edinburgh and they would struggle to make it. I could have went up there and got hammered 9-0, would that help the club? I spoke to the committee of Rosebank who in the end got relegated and they told me that they wish that had done the same as us, as the games took the stuffing out of the players as they were getting beat in most of them. You have to look at the whole situation not just about what is said on here. So I take it you won't be coming along to give me s hand then??

personally dont think its right that a club can pull out of cups and dont fulfill fixtures in a season, what would you have done if you reached a cup final last season? you saying your club would have folded ? surely there has to be a punishment for clubs doing this as if you have a cup final coming up and 2 meaningless league games before it , your logic is dont play the meaningless games but play the cup final.......ludicrous pal, any team that does that is cheating the sporting integrity of the rules.

am still at ylum mate so good luck to you and your team.

Our club wouldn't have folded but it would have been harder for us to get training equipment, a new set of strips which are on order. All clubs are in different situations, we are not all blessed with 3 or 4 guys who work hard behind the scenes to make sure that the players on the park don't have to worry about putting nets up, fill up water bottles before the game, get money from players as they come in to make sure the ref can get paid. I've been lucky that the players that I have do all that for the club and keep us going. Don't just judge teams who do things which might affect sporting intergreity, try and look at the bigger picture mate. And by the way your due me a pint when the Ylum come to Leslie next season 😂😂

Jaz I don't think they were completed, but they were meaningless games, so do you expect teams to fork out money,for the ref, washing of the strips, hire of the park as the council shut down the parks at the end of May remember, overall total for a meaningless game could come to £90, if the 2 teams agreed on it and the league agreed is there any problem?? Keep to the cricket and the cucumber sandwiches

so they were NOT completed , i rest my case .

Jaz, I've listened over the years to you spout some utter rubbish on this forum, whether you are trying to wind up members as fun or not, however I will put you right on this one. The Kingdom League always finished their fixtures as I am sure the new Kingdom of Fife will also do.

Leave all your animosity behind regarding the Kingdom League, its gone, and try and put some focus into something positive for the Kingdom of Fife.

All the committee and all the clubs are trying to make this work well, why not try the same!!!!

Got to say that wjc is correct jaz,the kingdom league always completed their fixtures,it maybe went a bit longer than the fafa league,but you had to take into consideration that when teams progressed to the latter stages of the Fife and Scottish you had to give them the opportunity to try and win it,with 14 team leagues next season,and cup games and a mild winter the season will probably go to the end of june,but I can guarantee you that the fixtures Will be completed,you cannot just cancel fixtures because they dinnae matter,mind though someone that knows why the fixtures were not completed may come on and explain why.I heard some fixtures were not fulfilled over a week ago but I thought it was a wind up.

Jaz, I've listened over the years to you spout some utter rubbish on this forum, whether you are trying to wind up members as fun or not, however I will put you right on this one. The Kingdom League always finished their fixtures as I am sure the new Kingdom of Fife will also do.

Leave all your animosity behind regarding the Kingdom League, its gone, and try and put some focus into something positive for the Kingdom of Fife.

All the committee and all the clubs are trying to make this work well, why not try the same!!!!

Got to say that wjc is correct jaz,the kingdom league always completed their fixtures,it maybe went a bit longer than the fafa league,but you had to take into consideration that when teams progressed to the latter stages of the Fife and Scottish you had to give them the opportunity to try and win it,with 14 team leagues next season,and cup games and a mild winter the season will probably go to the end of june,but I can guarantee you that the fixtures Will be completed,you cannot just cancel fixtures because they dinnae matter,mind though someone that knows why the fixtures were not completed may come on and explain why.I heard some fixtures were not fulfilled over a week ago but I thought it was a wind up.
nobody should come on and explain why. The leagues are all history now. We are moving on to a new era. Let's enjoy it ffs. Jaz stop all the winding up and get a team to watch and enjoy it. Think your to old for it now especially when your taking it too far.

The point is that pulling out of that cup we have managed to pay our league fees and get training equipment for this season. . The proposal was put to the club on the format of the cup in January, I asked the players what they wanted to do, we could have been playing Pittenweem on a Tuesday night away from home, I have players who work in Glasgow and Edinburgh and they would struggle to make it. I could have went up there and got hammered 9-0, would that help the club? I spoke to the committee of Rosebank who in the end got relegated and they told me that they wish that had done the same as us, as the games took the stuffing out of the players as they were getting beat in most of them. You have to look at the whole situation not just about what is said on here. So I take it you won't be coming along to give me s hand then??

then why did you enter the cup in the first place ?