Fife Football Forum

Pre-Season Friendly Games

Hi folks is it possible for teams to list any friendly games times venues and opposition that they may have arranged and hopefully get out to a game this weekend as getting bored with no games on that I know of would be most greatfull if you can list them...many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Kelty Hearts tournament today and saw 2 good games..first on Sauchie v Broxburn and it turned out 3-2 for Broxburn but don't know what Sauchie defence were trying to achieve I think in the last quarter they were trying to gift Broxburn goals and that's where the winner came from overall decent game...second game saw the hosts v Kennoway Star Heart which was a very competitive game and the visitors took the lead only for the hosts to pull level with a Brian Ritchie goal...Kelty then went 2-1 in front with a scorching free kick from Stephen Husband ( see khtv )....Kennoway were not giving up and kept going at Kelty and then towards the end front man and new summer signing Errol Douglas got in on the act with a goal to make the final score 3-1....Kennoway on this showing will do well in the Super league and they will play Sauchie juniors at 12 noon tomorrow and Kelty will play Broxburn in the final despite the weather decent turn out for the games 

I'm not sure if Kennoway has new signings but I noticed Kevin Byers was not there and the left back who I was told is the new manager went of early in the first half of the Kelty game with an injury but they looked ok think they might be bottom half of super league due to maybe lack of experience 

You're probably right about the lack of experience but Byers has given up for good and I see on their Facebook page today that they signed Dinky from GPR so obvious lack of funds too. Few others have left and not been replaced and been told their manager is seriously ill so no looking good at all.

Yes I was talking to one of the players who had a fractured ankle I'm sure he said and told me Eck was ill which is a shame really as he has put everything into the club to get them to the super league....The same guy told me the 2 central defenders left and have not been replaced but Chrissy Gay ( good player ) looked good against Kelty and I like Chris as a gentleman along with his dad Jimmy...Bit more players with the right attitude and commitment like Chris and his brother Marty they should hopefully stay up as for Lyle Shaw he must have had a pre-season with Tom Daley as anytime someone went near him he went to ground and there is no need as he is a good we player and when he runs at defenders he is hard to stop or could win free kicks in vital areas of the pitch or even penalties but I wish KSH all the best and hope Eck has a speedy recovery