Fife Football Forum

Glenrothes

• 2 weeks later...

with the doom and gloom that once surrounded the club now shifted to Lochgelly,the supporters, players and committee at Glens are once again enjoying their football. After a couple of friendly victories against mediocre opposition at Strollers and in Stonehaven the first real test of the new season came against the mighty Ylum. Expectations were high and although they matched the second tier amateur outfit for passsion and desire on the pitch the lack of any real leadership on the sidelines cost them as they lost the game by the odd goal in 8.

Prediction: another long hard season awaits fighting it out at the foot of the table but fortunes to change after the announcement of Simpy as manager in the new year.

An unassuming Glenrothes man who served in Afghanistan with ISAF against the taliban has spoken for the first time about his experience with the most brutal regime he has ever encountered. Talking only hours after parting company with them the goalkeeping coach described his time there as a living hell.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, Weshallnotbemoved said:

with the doom and gloom that once surrounded the club now shifted to Lochgelly,the supporters, players and committee at Glens are once again enjoying their football. After a couple of friendly victories against mediocre opposition at Strollers and in Stonehaven the first real test of the new season came against the mighty Ylum. Expectations were high and although they matched the second tier amateur outfit for passsion and desire on the pitch the lack of any real leadership on the sidelines cost them as they lost the game by the odd goal in 8.

Prediction: another long hard season awaits fighting it out at the foot of the table but fortunes to change after the announcement of Simpy as manager in the new year.

:lol::lol::lol:

I thought you wanted to get the Junior section busy again but it seems to be just all about your bitterness towards a club and a couple of individuals. At least once the primary school summer holidays are over and you are back at school we may get some serious topics.

If the club you refer to is Glenrothes Colin I would like to make it clear I have no bitterness towards them. The most hated man in junior football and his puppet have left and they are finally getting their act together and I wish them every success in the future. However  I have it on good authority (speaking to a relative of one of the players concerned at work last night) that Oor Wullie embarrassed himself in the latter stages of the game on Sunday,  getting needlessly involved with opposition players & spectators. Only the cool head of Simpy prevented the situation from spiralling out of control apparently. I'm sorry you find the earlier post offensive and I have deleted it but no need for the childish remarks mate.

I didn't find it offensive as I don't know the guys but you're obviously clued up on what's going on in the Fife Junior scene with some decent informative posts but then spoil it by having digs. 

Obviously that's your prerogative but let it go and keep up the good work on keeping us up to date with the goings on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Glens have had a revolving door policy when it comes to managers over the past 5 years so it's understandable that the current regime want a bit more stability, but their patience must surely be running thin with Oor Willie. A managers responsibilities run much deeper than picking a starting 11 and pacing the touch line during games. For me a manager is responsible for implementing tactics and philosophy, boosting morale, keeping players happy and motivated, obtaining new talent, addressing the media, training methods, creating a positive atmosphere and being the leader of the ship. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another player returns to Warout after the defection of Cooper. This time in the shape of Oakley talisman Celentano. Lee was never given a chance last time round but with Glens legend :PMartin now enjoying life with the family at Dundonald I'm pretty sure   he will be playing and scoring regularly. How long now before he's reunited with the real Oor Wullie, who I'm told sanctioned the move.