Fife Football Forum

Glenrothes

58 minutes ago, Hawhaw said:

The EoS would have had no idea about the dilapidation order. Nor would it have mattered as their agenda is to just get as many junior clubs on board as possible. Memorial Park is easily more accessible than Overstenton but they wouldn’t  have refused Thornton Hibs if they’d put in an application.

Have you seen this order ? Does it even exist or just rumours you have heard?

5 hours ago, COYG said:

Have you seen this order ? Does it even exist or just rumours you have heard?

No haven’t seen it. First I heard anything was Sunday on P&B and the  poster is normally very reliable. ;)  I’m guessing that’s where Oaklee read it too and seeing as 5 days have passed without you rubbishing it,now assume it exists. After all you were quick enough to post on there that 

“Glenrothes strollers have had 2 amateur adult teams fold recently that can’t have looked good to the east of Scotland.

Have you seen the correspondence they received? Was that the reason they were rejected or are you the only one allowed to comment on other clubs affairs?

Edited by Hawhaw

On 5/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, Hawhaw said:

Hot on the heels of the dilapidation order, what the Glens committee are working hard to rebuild became increasingly clearer, with the announcement that they will house another 2 Martins alongside “One of our own and Oor Reo”

F059B5EC-B741-4B80-A97A-147810769B1F.jpeg

Will they be changing their name next season to Glenrothes Swifts? 

4 hours ago, Oak Lee said:

Will they be changing their name next season to Glenrothes Swifts? 

If there’s any truth in what I was told yesterday from a reliable source I met at the under 19s Fife cup final, don’t be surprised if they’re playing in maroon next season under the name Glenrothes Hearts. 

Oh aye, it must have been Ann Budge disguised as a Newburgh supporter that launched the pound coin. :lol::lol:

As for the announcement and future plans. It’s pretty obvious Glens have given up the ghost, pumped by Kirriemuir, Kennoway and now Newburgh and nothing  but silence on their Facebook from the chairman and the manager. Futures so bright they don’t  even post results. If the futures the newly formed young Glens side then the big plan must be to go into abeyance for at least the next 10 years.

36 minutes ago, Hawhaw said:

Oh aye, it must have been Ann Budge disguised as a Newburgh supporter that launched the pound coin. :lol::lol:

As for the announcement and future plans. It’s pretty obvious Glens have given up the ghost, pumped by Kirriemuir, Kennoway and now Newburgh and nothing  but silence on their Facebook from the chairman and the manager. Futures so bright they don’t  even post results. If the futures the newly formed young Glens side then the big plan must be to go into abeyance for at least the next 10 years.

Maybe the chairman is waiting until the season is over ......

25 minutes ago, COYG said:

Maybe the chairman is waiting until the season is over ......

My apologies, just thought that such a big club with huge plans owed it to their legion of long suffering supporters after the latest embarrassment at the hands of Strath amateurs. Waiting another 5 days to be pumped out of a diddy cup by Lochore may seem like an eternity. 

2 minutes ago, Hawhaw said:

My apologies, just thought that such a big club with huge plans owed it to their legion of long suffering supporters after the latest embarrassment at the hands of Strath amateurs. Waiting another 5 days to be pumped out of a diddy cup by Lochore may seem like an eternity. 

Am sure it will all be worth the wait 

18 minutes ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

......or maybe he’s just waiting on the benefactors giving him the nod :whistling:

18 minutes ago, Weshallnotbemoved said:

......or maybe he’s just waiting on the benefactors giving him the nod :whistling:

No benefactors just hard working people trying to make changes from what I can see