Fife Football Forum

Games on Sat 16th Dec

Mariner

12 hours ago, Foss said:

Fossoway vs Auchtermuchty has switched to Kinross High School Community Campus, kick off 2pm.

But that's also subject to an inspection.

Just seen on twitter  it's been called off

Edited by Sevvy

12 hours ago, Foss said:

Fossoway vs Auchtermuchty has switched to Kinross High School Community Campus, kick off 2pm.

But that's also subject to an inspection.

campus had already called the pitch off when this was posted but been informed by fossoway this morning that games is off.

1 hour ago, Berti said:

St. Monans Swallows V Fife Thistle off. Apparently playable late yesterday but not now. Go figure!

Go figure what colin? I checked the pitch personally last night at 415pm and it was perfectly playable. Unfortunately temps have dropped overnight and it is now frozen in large parts and with temps not over 2 degrees today and it definitely wouldnt thaw out enough to play on it. We were desperate to get the fixture on with not playing last week and now breaking off for Christmas.

We actually thought we were doing you a favour rather than letting you travel for the ref to call it off seeing as Thistle weren’t keen on a switch to 4g, which ended up being fully booked anyway.

Feel free to check it yourself before sending an apology for being a tosser on here again.

6 minutes ago, bluejimmy said:

Go figure what colin? I checked the pitch personally last night at 415pm and it was perfectly playable. Unfortunately temps have dropped overnight and it is now frozen in large parts and with temps not over 2 degrees today and it definitely wouldnt thaw out enough to play on it. We were desperate to get the fixture on with not playing last week and now breaking off for Christmas.

We actually thought we were doing you a favour rather than letting you travel for the ref to call it off seeing as Thistle weren’t keen on a switch to 4g, which ended up being fully booked anyway.

Feel free to check it yourself before sending an apology for being a tosser on here again.

A tosser? What the fu*k are you on about? Where does my post question your decision? 

I'm not doubting the pitch is unplayable. I am however surprised that it was playable yesterday after all the bad weather but unplayable today after an ok night. That's not a dig at anyone merely disappointment about another Saturday without a game.

7 hours ago, Berti said:

A tosser? What the fu*k are you on about? Where does my post question your decision? 

I'm not doubting the pitch is unplayable. I am however surprised that it was playable yesterday after all the bad weather but unplayable today after an ok night. That's not a dig at anyone merely disappointment about another Saturday without a game.

"An OK night", are you kidding? I was out working in it until around 4am and it was far from "OK". Temperature below freezing, roads were icing up badly etc.

Even if the pitch was alright, I can totally believe it freezing up overnight from being out in it.