Fife Football Forum

Another team gone

Berti

I believe that another long established club has decided to call it a day following on from Lomond Vics a couple of weeks ago. Unsure how many that is this season but it is getting tougher and tougher to keep clubs going with the escalating costs and the declining commitment from players which proves just how out of touch the SAFA are with their increasingly rising costs.

I do not think it is official yet so I will hold my weesht on that until the league have been informed.

We (Fife Thistle) seem to do well players wise but getting people in to help run the club is impossible. Next year is our 25th season and a good chance it may be our last. Just such different mentality across the board at all levels now in comparison to how it used to be. Fu#k I sound like an old man!!

2 hours ago, Berti said:

I do not think it is official yet so I will hold my weesht on that until the league have been informed.

We (Fife Thistle) seem to do well players wise but getting people in to help run the club is impossible. Next year is our 25th season and a good chance it may be our last. Just such different mentality across the board at all levels now in comparison to how it used to be. Fu#k I sound like an old man!!

It's not just commitment its the costs associated with it and then trying to get sponsors etc going back to pubs....money paid out before we kick a ball insurance which I personally is poor yet can't play without it.......SAFA should pay it 

Edited by Mariner
Change of info