Fife Football Forum

League Cups

Shiekh

So what’s happened to the league Cups then? Hearing they’re now league sections with home and away games? So in our league (Div 1) for example it’ll be another 10 games if you’re lucky enough to make final? Appreciate some teams don’t have many games left but there’s also teams in our league that still have 7 league games to play. Thoughts?

Aye I’m not saying it doesn’t make sense, just that it only seems to have happened mid Feb due to teams only having a few league games left. Say teams with 7 games still to go reach final, that’s gonna be 17 games in total and we’ve no even played that many since season started!! You’ve then got extra costs for teams getting parks booked too. 

Who said anything about not wanting to enter it Jimmy ya rocket!! I’m just pointing out that some teams (not us) won’t be happy about forking out for more park fees in a cup competition that’s already been drawn and re-structured before any games have been played in it. 

4 minutes ago, sirboss said:

every club was asked at meeting last night about this and no one complained, so why are you complaining if your happy with it , surely nothing else to do if teams not happy let them speak up for themselves ps cheers for the compliment 'ya rocket' one of the best thing I been called

Haha you’ve defo been called worse Jimmy. Like I said I’m no complaining and was just asking folks thoughts. Doesn’t really bother me either way. It’s a forum eh so surely we’re allowed to ask folks thoughts on the matter? I wasn’t at the meeting last night so only got second hand info from our secretary, who’s memory is worse than mine. 

21 minutes ago, Shiekh said:

Haha you’ve defo been called worse Jimmy. Like I said I’m no complaining and was just asking folks thoughts. Doesn’t really bother me either way. It’s a forum eh so surely we’re allowed to ask folks thoughts on the matter? I wasn’t at the meeting last night so only got second hand info from our secretary, who’s memory is worse than mine. 

much worse :D

Never enjoyed these sort of cups made up half way through a season. Already in 4 cups at the start of a season along with your league campaign, so if you do well during your season you could end up still in some cups along with challenging for a league then be hit by these extra fixtures which could result in you playing midweek league fixtures towards end of the season to catch up. Last thing you want when you’re challenging for a league is playing Saturday - Tuesday - Thursday 

11 hours ago, Connor4 said:

Never enjoyed these sort of cups made up half way through a season. Already in 4 cups at the start of a season along with your league campaign, so if you do well during your season you could end up still in some cups along with challenging for a league then be hit by these extra fixtures which could result in you playing midweek league fixtures towards end of the season to catch up. Last thing you want when you’re challenging for a league is playing Saturday - Tuesday - Thursday 

Agreed mate. Not saying I’d rather not play in this cup but with 5 league games left we have a chance of winning our league, depending on this weekends result. Now throw in a potential extra 10 games for the league cup rather than the 3 that was scheduled and you’re then running the risk of injuries, suspensions etc affecting your league run. Will just have to get on with it though and I’m sure folk will say that’s why you have big squads etc..

14 hours ago, Connor4 said:

You cant really moan about to many fixtures when you are playing on a Saturday and Sunday Mr Mc

23 hours ago, Fancy Dan said:

You cant really moan about to many fixtures when you are playing on a Saturday and Sunday Mr Mc

Haha I only want to play Saturday and Sunday. Not Saturday - Sunday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Saturday - Sunday which is what’s gony happen cause daft cups like this