Fife Football Forum

Newburgh

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, Weshallnotbemoved said:

Scott Lawson has joined Newburgh from Strath as part of the new management team. Good luck mate, I’m sure you will do well.

game v kinnoull off.

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, Soapy Bubbles said:

Decent game to kick off the new season yesterday,  two evenly matched teams with Burgh winning by the odd goal in 5, just deserved on the balance of chances. 

It's going to be an interesting season but if the games are like yesterday's it should be entertaining. 

Always a great feeling starting a new season off with a win Soapy. I’m pleased for the former Bowhill lads. One of them tells me you guys have added the Glens young player of the year from a couple of seasons back to the squad. How’s he progressing?

8 hours ago, Ya Rocket said:

Signed too many average amateur players from what I'm hearing from some of there disgruntled supporters 

A quick look at the league tables suggests those same average  amateur players have made a better start to the season than any other junior side in Fife. 

On 8/12/2018 at 11:44 AM, Ya Rocket said:

Signed too many average amateur players from what I'm hearing from some of there disgruntled supporters 

Sign of the times I’m afraid auld yin. Junior football is nothing like it was in your day. With the exception of Thornton there’s not a team left in Fife that is not littered with average amateur players. I’m somewhat surprised to hear of disgruntled fans at Newbury as my man in the know there tells me they were missing several  players on Saturday for one reason or another and lost a key player after only 10mins of the game against a Kirkcaldy side full of below average amateurs. Games been in decline for quite some time now unfortunately. Glenrothes were first to go down that road with Cooper being out of his depth setting the ball rolling in my opinion. Selling the likes of Shaw and Carstairs to fund the return of  Fifes equivalent to Ronnie Pickering from Ballingry was always going to be a recipe for disaster. Dundonald were the main beneficiaries and they sailed through the leagues but them  joining the EOS league this season has left Kennoway Star Hearts as the top junior team in Fife. They were an amateur side themselves not that long ago and have also benefitted from Coopers incompetence. Rising through the junior ranks by cherry picking  the Glens better players,  with a little help from partner in crime,  John “do you know who I  am“Martin. But the money man at KSH has left and so too have the players. The last of them Lyall Shaw joining Crossgates and the Gay brothers joining Kelty at the end of last season. I’ve just watched the highlights from their game at the weekend and they only have 3 players who would get anywhere near a half decent junior squad of old.  The rest are at best average amateurs, and that’s on paper the top junior team in Fife. 

Newbury is a fantastic wee ground with a hard working committee. They don’t have a chairman who goes around threatening innocent people. They don’t have a manager who goes through his players belongings while they are training. Nor do they have a captain who goes around grabbing the players of the future by the throat. Any disgruntled fan there needs to take a reality check.

If we were 6 8 10 games into the new season and yous were coming out with these statistics I'd be impressed but after only 2 games played yous are showing your lack of common sense kilmarnock have more points than Celtic just now does that make them a better team we will find out over the course of the season and for the record those were not my words Newburgh are a good wee run club who have struggled for a few seasons now we will see at the end of the season if they are going in the right direction and yes junior football has certainly dropped a level as have all levels of football fife junior football will never be like it was with the likes of haws kelty and tayport gone are the glory days of watching  lots of really talented players at this level 

2 hours ago, Bombscare said:

With the Exception of thornton? What u been smoking 

No seen them this season yet Ian but unless  I’m mistaken Scotty O, Chris Ireland, Adam Drummond, Heppy, McNab, Anthony, Keatsy, etc etc are still at the club and are all junior quality. No forgetting Garry Thomson who could walk into any junior side in Fife at the moment. Hardly littered with average amateurs.

22 minutes ago, Ya Rocket said:

And who said that Thornton were littered with average amatuers ? Certainly not me nor did i ever say Newburgh were read back the posts and it will all make sense 

Who you talking to J? I was replying to bomber.

Since you are around though, thanks for confirming a couple of points I was trying to make in your last post. 

Firstly that the level of football has dropped and more importantly that it shows a lack of common sense to be posting of disgruntled fans after only 2 games.